17

"Hi, gorgeous," Taylor gently rubbed Grace's shoulder after setting a decaf coffee onto the nightstand two days after their positive blood test

"Hi, gorgeous," Taylor gently rubbed Grace's shoulder after setting a decaf coffee onto the nightstand two days after their positive blood test. She couldn't sleep, too worried about if the hormone level would double which meant the pregnancy was progressing as it should.

Meanwhile, Grace was out cold. She didn't wake up to Taylor's coo, not even when Taylor pulled the blanket off until it was barely over Grace's thighs and pulled her shirt up just a touch. Grace still looked the same physically, it was way too soon for a bump, but Taylor had become nearly obsessed with checking. She found herself kissing that part of Grace's body softly, placing her palm there when they cuddled because Grace was feeling a little more tired than usual.

"Hi to you in there, Guppy," Taylor whispered, "How's it going? Everything all good? Keeping warm?"

Taylor heard Grace stir a little until she felt a hand in her hair. She blushed as Grace looked at her, fingers groggily playing with Taylor's curls as the blonde went to stand up straight, "It's okay, you can talk to them."

"I brought you some coffee, sweetheart," Taylor instead pressed a kiss to Grace's stomach and then guided the shirt back down, "You actually need to get up though, we have to leave soon."

"You're up early," Grace used her arms to sit up, shuffling back towards the headboard as she reached for the cup. She really missed the caffeine, like she used to kiss the whiskey in it, but change was good. She would have been fine with a little but Taylor had gone out of her way to change the coffee grounds to decaf because she read that caffeine wasn't great for the baby and she didn't want to hurt Taylor's feelings.

"I don't think I slept much," Taylor pursed her lips as she watched Grace take the first sip. The brunette held the mug with both hands, letting it warm up her palms.

"Is everything okay?" Grace furrowed her eyebrows, "You without sleep is a disaster waiting to happen."

"I can sleep later, I was just worried," Taylor forced a smile, "I don't think I'll ever stop worrying."

"We'll worry for the rest of our lives, I think," Grace smiled back. She couldn't understand how her parents hadn't been so happy to have children. What she would have given back then to be worried about in a good way, it would have been the world.

"Poor kid has a shit load of love coming their way," Taylor tucked a wavy strand of hair behind Grace's ear for her, "Do you want something to eat? Oatmeal? Eggs? Some toast?"

"I'll make something after I shower," Grace nodded, "Thank you, darling."

"Mhmm," she stood up and unruffled her sweatshirt, "Feeling anything today?"

"My boobs hurt like hell."

"Yes!" Taylor exclaimed and then immediately covered her mouth, "Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm just excited."

"It's okay," Grace's mouth went ajar until she saw the happiness in Taylor's eyes and smiled instinctively, "Kiss me, it's a need."

"Coffee morning breath," Taylor warned. She hadn't showered yet either.