33

"I cannot believe that inside this envelope is the piece of paper that will tell us if the baby is a boy or a girl," Grace said as they walked back into the apartment after the twenty week scan

"I cannot believe that inside this envelope is the piece of paper that will tell us if the baby is a boy or a girl," Grace said as they walked back into the apartment after the twenty week scan. Everything looked great on the ultrasound and they decided to open the envelope in private since neither one of them saw anything on the ultrasound that would lead them to think one way or the other.

"I can't believe we're actually going to find out after so many weeks of guessing. I guess if it's a girl, I can stop suggesting horrible boys names you hate," Taylor picked up Olivia from by the door and started to walk with her.

"We agreed that we're going to use a more unisex name, Tay," Grace chuckled, "But it would be nice if you stopped suggesting Thatcher because despite you joking, I still hate it."

"You don't want to have a son named Thatcher Swift? What a shame!" The blonde exaggerated her disappointment and then plopped down on the sofa. Olivia ran away almost immediately and laid in a circle right on Grace's bump, "The cats all do that, it's so weird."

"I smell different or my body temperature is higher. They know something is going on," Grace set the envelope down and began to give Olivia a ton of little kisses that the cat purred about. Taylor chuckled and rolled onto her side so she could look at them easier.

"So cute," the blonde pulled her phone from her pocket and snuck a few pictures before Grace looked at her and shook her head with a playful eye roll, "I can't believe cheese puff moves that much. I feel like they didn't stop moving the entire time during the ultrasound. Doesn't that feel weird?"

"Sometimes. I don't always notice it," Grace hummed back, "So how are we doing this? Are we just opening the envelope here or are we doing something special or?"

"I think... that you should open the envelope and I'll just know based on your face what it is," Taylor didn't mean that but she wanted to give Grace the option of knowing first because she'd been through hell with the process.

"Absolutely not, darling," Grace pursed her lips, "What's your guess? We'll open it together."

"I think... it's a girl," Taylor said softly, she wasn't too sure, "I think third time's the charm, I think it's probably a girl."

"I think it's a girl too, but I'm going to be happy with either result," Grace made a point of announcing that because she wasn't risking anything. A girl or a boy, she'd love that baby no matter what. She had an unexplainable amount of love already for them.

"Your family thinks it's a boy, my family thinks it's a boy. Our friends are divided down the middle, even the old wives tales have no idea."