|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

Start from the beginning

...Mad Crow Diner - Appalachian Mountains...

Klaus and Rosalind are at a diner in the Appalachians, where Klaus is quietly talking on the phone, presumably with Elijah.

"If you find him, don't hesitate" Klaus says with a scowl.

He hangs up the phone just as Rosalind approaches him.

"The twins are down for the count" she chuckled "they fell asleep as soon as Mary started the car. I doubt they'll miss either of us over the next few days"

She looks down at a piece of paper ripped out of a small notebook, which has a list of addresses written on it.

"So...which of these Kingmaker offices should we hit up first? There's ten of them?" Rosalind asks.

Klaus stares at her worriedly, and after a moment, Rosalind finally notices and looks up at him.

"What?" she asks concerned.

"Lucien has revealed his true nature. He's taken Freya" Klaus says.

Rosalind's eyes widen in shock as she takes in this news.

"And now, it seems her rescue depends on Elijah working with my ever-reliable brother Finn" Klaus completes with an angry look.

"Oh..." Rosalind frowns "...and you want to go back to New Orleans to head up the hunt?"

Klaus hesitates for a moment, clearly torn between their two different missions, and though Rosalind looks disappointed, she nods in agreement.

"Fine. You should go. Freya needs you" Rosalind says with a nod "I'm sticking with Kingmaker, though. Lucien's working very hard to cover up these wolf kidnappings, and I want to know why"

Rosalind reaches for the list and the keys and turns to leave, and Klaus, after seeing that Rosalind was hoping they could stick together, grabs her by the wrist and stops her.

"No. The wolves, Freya's abduction..." Klaus trailed off "...it can't all be coincidence. We'll let my brothers pursue the obvious path"

Klaus smiles weakly at her, and Rosalind looks surprised by this reaction.

"You and I...will pursue this one. No doubt all roads..."

Klaus taps his finger on the third address on the list, 122283 Forest Road, though the city and state are covered up by his hand.

"...lead to to the same treacherous bastard" Klaus finishes and Rosalind smirks devilishly.

...Mystic Falls Woods...

Lucien is squeezing Freya's bitten wrists so that the blood from his bite wounds drip into the stone basin. Freya whimpers in pain, and its clear she's getting weaker by the moment, a fact that doesn't escape the anxious Vincent's notice.

"Okay. Okay, man, that's enough!" Vincent loudly says.

"Huh. Right you are. That should just about do it" Lucien nods.

Freya is swaying on her feet as Lucien yanks her away from the basin, dropping her unceremoniously on the ground in front of where the white oak tree used to stand. Vincent rushes toward her to help her with her wounds.