Chapter 29: Tale Of The Iron Husky

Mifune's POV:

We've already left the villiage and travled a day. We sit around the camp fire, everyone is silent, and i know, it's time to tell them of Tetsu. Do you want to hear the Tale of the Iron Husky? They all nod. It happened 50 years ago, a giant Husky with an iron colored pelt, and glowing silver eyes attacked. His rage was so great, and my grandfather sacrificed his life to seal the beast beneath the Three Wolves. Every month I go down and attempt conversation with Tetsu, but he never talks about anything personal. He'll give advice, but i've only once ever heard something personal. 25 years ago he gave me memories of a small girl. I do some handsigns releasing the memories and everything fades.

*Flashback*

Ragged breathing can be heard, and blood covers the snowy ground. The blood leads to a giant creature with a metalic, iron colored pelt. A giant gash goes down his side and ends at his thigh. You can hear the crys of men ringing all over the forest. Then a crunch, crunch, crunch, and a small girl with onyx colored hair and ice-blue eyes with a snowflake design. The beast growls. Your hurt, she says her voice ringing around, let me help you. She walks forward ignoring the beast's growls. Soon she stands at his head. When did you get the wound? Three days ago a dark and rusty voice growls softly. I have some herbs, I have friends like you, and one of them is sick, thats why i came here. She pulls out some green leaves and bandages. I'll use some of my own chakara to heal your wound. My name's Yumi, The Little Wolf, what's yours? Tetsu, The Feared Iron Best. You're not feared just misunderstood, i'll give you a new name! The beast's eyes widen, why, why are you showing me kidness. Because she smiles, it looks like you need a friend. She then wraps his side and leg. Don't move too much, those herbs should prevent infection, now don't flail around, i'm going to close the wound with chakara. Her hand lights up with a icy-blue light, and her eyes glow. The wound glows and then slowly fades. Don't move too much, you could open it again. Now your new name, you'll be Kanji, The Great Iron Husky! She yawns and her eyes are fluttering. Can i stay with you? I'll leave in the morning, i still have to look for the herb. He laughs in his rusty voice. Sure. She snuggles up to the beast and he wraps one of his many tails around her. Before dawn you can hear the crys of men. The beast jolts awake. Yumi? The girl is gone, but her sent is close. He gets up ignoring the pain in his side. He runs throgh the forest and when he spots her, rage fills him. The men that had been chaseing him have knocked the girl to the ground. I'll ask one more time, where is the wretched beast! He's gone, you'll never get Kanji! She stands up her eyes glowing. I WILL NEVER ALLOW HIM TO BE HARMED! A katana come out of her sleave and she stabs the man in the stomach. The beast enraged jumps out and encircles the girl. Soon the men are gone and the two stand panting. So Kanji, you want to come with me? I'm sure Kyuubi wouldn't mind more company, and you can always visit. The Beast turns to the girl his eyes glowing. I will, and it seems the youngest and oldest of us has decided to call you family. Yumi, i'll always be there for you. And so the girl and Beast started their kinship.

*End of Flashback*

That is the only thing he shared with me, and 8 years ago he broke free. My son sacrificed his life to seal the beast, and if Yumi frees him, that sacrifice will be in vain. We'll be at the villiage tomrrow I sugest we get some sleep.

Yumi's POV:

It's been 3 days and we're finally to the Iron villiage. We stand on the outskirts of the terrtory. We use 3 trees as shelter from the wind, but right now we stand on a high ledge overlooking the territory for miles. Three shapes are the only thing you can make out, the Three Wolves. Kyuubi? Juri? Hm? The both turn to me. What should we do to send them the message that we're here. We could always kill a border patrol and leave one gaurd alive, Juri replies. Or we could just storm in Kyuubi ponders. I think plan A will work. Everyone don't interfear, i'm going to get my own paws dirty for this mission. I take a breath and i stand on four legs. I'm taller than Madara, and my snowflake patterns glow, the rest of my body not visiable. I jump of the ledge, and land on my feet silently. I take off running and it doesn't take long to find a group of people. I watch them silently my presence oblivious. When they all turn their back, i attack. I rip the throat of one man and use my tail to sever the head of another man. Two remain and I use my tails to trap them. I hold them both in front of me and smile. My eyes glow and i manipulate the blood inside one man. He exsploads, but no blood touches me, i drop his body to the ground and turn to the final man. It's your lucky day i growl. I need you to take a message to the Iron, tell them the following. The Little Wolf has yet to play but in the snow she waits. I drop the man and he runs as fast as he can towards the Three Wolves. I sit in the clearing and laugh. Kanji, you will be free i howl!