Chapter 7: Reunion With An Ancient Friend

I'm so sorry i haven't updated recently! I've had writer block for a long time and just haven't felt like writing. I've also become really lazy sense school was released. So sorry if the chapter isn't as good or is short.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yumi's POV:

It's been a couple weeks sense I became a jourin. I've been training with team 7. Yumi? I hear Sasuke's voice and a knock on my door. We need to meet up with the rest of team 7 and a few others. I get out of bed and throw on a black kimono with a red sash that goes down to my knees and some black legging that cover half my shins. I strap my twin katanas at my hips and pull my long hair up into a high ponytail. I don't bother with breakfast and meet up with Sasuke. Ready to go? I nod. So why do we have a meeting. The Hokage wants to send us on a mission. Oh. we walk in silence till we see team 7 and Guy's team. Yumi. Sasuke. You finaly desided to wake up Sakura huffs. Sorry. Well the Hokage want to see us in his office Kakashi speaks up. We walk towards the Hokage's office and i knotice Kakashi looks concerned. Whats wrong i whisper walking next to him. So you can sense it. Well someone we hoped we'd not see has reared their ugly heads. Who? Nevermind. We walk up the stairs and walk into the Hokages office. Your here he says tightly. Whats wrong old man Naruto asks? Thats what i'm getting to. The Akatsuki have appeared, and are more active lately. Who are the Akatsuki i ask curiosity in my eyes. There a buch of S-rank criminals that want the tailed beast Naruto says bitterly. They only see us as monsters! They only see us for the beast we house. I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOU CALLING THEM MONSTERS AND BEAST! My outburst has everyone on edge. THEY AREN'T MONSTERS! I WAS FREINDS WITH THEM ALL AND THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS EVIL WAS THE TREE TAILS! I WON"T HAVE YOU CALL JURI OR KUBI DEAMON, MONSTER, BEAST, WHATEVER! THEY ARE MY FREINDS! I stand there my eyes glowing! Everyone stares. You know the tailed beasts Yumi the Hokage whispers. I calm down but my eyes stay the same. I don't understand. Why whould they hunt them down. I know it's not easy to hide a giant fox or sand raccon but really they should be able to get away. And yes i do. They were all my freinds, but i was closest with the one tails Juri and the nine tails Kyubi or Kyurrbi. I still remeber his sunset orange fur. We used to play ball when i was 4 and everyone was busy! Naruto and the rest pale. Yumi. The tailed beast aren't free. They were to dangerous. They are caged within hosts. My eyes widen. No! They wouldn't hurt anyone. They whent into hiding when the war stated! I made sure of Kyubi's and Juri's hiding spots. Thats when i feel a familaiar chakara. Everyone turns to Naruto. A deadly, but calming chakara surronds Naruto. He looks up and his eyes are crimsone just like Kyubi's. Yumi. The nine tail resides in this villiage the Hokage murmers fearfuly. I see you haven't changed Little Wolf Naruto says demonicly. I know Kyubi's in control. It's good to see you Kyubi, but i remeber telling you to call me Yumi. You haven't grown an inch. I was terrified when your brother informed me of your accident. I sense that they are unnearved by our conversation. I bet he's trying to repress you. You are correct and usualy it works but some things are too important to give up. Don't wear yourself out. You can go now. Maby i'll vist one night i smile.. You were always the sneaky vixen he says the chakara fadeing away. Yumi. I turn to the Hokage. Our mission i say voided of emoion. We'll discuss Kyubi later.

Kakashi's POV:

We all stare in shock. Yumi just had a perfectly normal conversation with a tailed beast. Naruto stand the most shocked. How did he do that! She turns to him. Sometimes things are just too important to give up. Now the mission. The Hokage coughs clearing his throat. I want you all to go to . and confrount the Akatsuki. Yumi. Team 7 stay the rest leave. That was terrifing. Now. How are old are you again. I twich. With or without the time gap. With. 114. WHAT! Everyone shouts. As i told you. I am still 14! So Naruto how's Kyubi doing? Not too much trouble? I hope Juri didn't lose it with his bloodlust while i was gone. There so worrysome sometimes. Yumi. Kyubi attacked the leaf villiage 15 years ago. HE DID WHAT! THAT OVER GROWN FOX IS GOING TO GET IT! I SPECIFICALY TOLD HIM NOT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO HIMSELF! Naruto pales. Sorry. So you were freinds? The best of freinds. We were like siblings. I brought the tailed beasts together. So many fond memories. Did you know Kyubi never liked getting his fur dirty. Sometimes i whould brush it for hours. His tails are especialy soft. You should of seen it when a boy approched me she muses her eyes growing misty. He never visited the villiage, but i was perfectly happy just meeting him. So what do you think of them being caged Naruto asks nervously. Well if sealing a tailed beast didn't take the users life unless they used the other way then i whould kill anyone who messed with them. I swore many years ago to protect them with my life and i've failed horrbly. But Kyubi seems to tolerate you. You should let him out sometime he's love it. A tailed beast makes the best of freind as long as you don't anger them. You can communicate with Kyubi. Tell him i'll be over tonight if you want to meet. He'll understand. She disapears in a flash of snowy white flower petals. Naruto looks like he has a headache. Naruto we all question? Thats when we see a spirit looking thing materilize next to Naruto. A small fox with nine tails. Thank you it snaps. I am Kyurrbi he smiles. He streches. It's been a long time. Don't worry i can't destroy anything. He swipes his claws threw Naruto. Now i'm sure you want answers and Yumi said i would give them.

Kyurrbi's POV:

Are you afraid of Yumi Kakashi asks. Do not get on her bad side. Thats all i'm saying. So what did she mean by visiting us tonight Naruto sreaches. In our mind knucklehead. Yumi when she was sick and couldn't move visited me in our minds. But be aware that Yumi isn't alone. She has many wolves with her. Aura and Anubis are the Luna and Alpha. They are very powerful but give them shake and they're a bunch of drunken idiots. So is what Yumi said about you all true. Uhh. I blush. Yes. I've know her from the moment she was born. I'm only a few hundred year older then her but thats in my time. I'm actually only 116 in your years. They stare. She's going to kill me. Why? I attacked the villiage when you woke me up and she going to be pissed. You should also inform Juri about this predicament. It hit him pretty hard. And he whould be furious if he were to learn that she was here and wasn't told. I've seen rage he posseses in Gaara. I've got to go now. I scramble up. Also don't ask Yumi for anything personal. It would probably hurt her even more. I know when she suffering on the inside. I fade away and back into that dirty prison of Naruto's mind.