𝟶𝟹𝟾: 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Tsukasa-kun. Can we talk?" Rui sets the box of materials down and looks down at Tsukasa, who seems to be taken back.

Tsukasa turns to him, but quickly recovers.

"Did something happen? What's wrong, Rui?" He gets up and walks up to Rui, who seems nervous and hesitant to speak.

"It's about Kutabare.. listen, I'm just going to say it-- I don't like the idea of him being around Aoyagi."

"What? Rui, I'm confused."

"Then let me explain! I just have a feeling his intentions of being Aoyagi's friend aren't so innocent." Rui sighs, staring at the ground.

"Kutabare is my friend.. you know that. If he did something to hurt Toya, I would know and I would tell him something. Let's talk about something else, if that's all." Tsukasa begins to frown, turning his back on Rui and sets up the desk for the four of them to work on their Halloween show poster.

But Rui felt stubborn about this, he just wanted Toya to be safe. He knew he seemed to be on the edge lately, so if his guess was correct, this could really destroy him.

"You also know what kind of person he was before." Rui protests, stepping closer to him.

"People can change, Rui. You just need to give them a chance!" That seemed to anger Tsukasa.

"I know that! I know that.. all too well." He scoffs, starting to feel guilty.

Was he seriously accusing Kutabare of doing something so horrible..? Even if there is that small chance Kutabare was innocent, it was unlikely to Rui. He could tell.

"But I don't think Kutabare has. Have you seen the people he's hanging out with? Imagine what example those people are setting for Toya!"

"What's wrong with you, Rui?! Judt drop it! Please don't speak about other people like that, okay? You know I hate it when you do." He snaps, but regrets his choice of words soon after when he sees the look on Rui's face.

That made Rui's heart drop. Persistent and growing pissed, he couldn't hod himself back any longer.

"You hate it when I try to look out for others? There's something going on, and I'm trying to warn you in my own way. Tsukasa-kun, whenever this happens, it feels like most of the time you don't even listen!" He complains, running his fingers through his hair as he sighs deeply. And on a completely unrelated note, he takes a turn in the argument..

"And if I'm being honest now, I hate it whenever you bring up your past relationship with Emu." Rui hisses, pointing a finger at him. He tends to not think twice before speaking when he's riled up like this.

"If this is about the wedding photoshoot invitations, I had nothing to do with that. I was just telling you about it! If you're mad about Emu and I being invited, go talk to Mizuki about that!" Tsukasa brushes it off, which only makes Rui's blood boil even more.

"Tsukasa-kun, I'm talking to you about it because you wouldn't stop joking about it. Ever since her and Nene became a couple, it's.. like you got jealous! I feel like you can't get over the fact you two broke up, is that it?" He scowls. Tsukasa gets ready to reply, but remains silent. He then sharply inhales, taking a moment before picking up his bag.

"I'm going home.. if you're getting angry because of me mentioning Emu, you're being selfish. You three can work on the poster by yourselves. I'm not in the mood for this right now."

"What's wrong with you today? I'm trying to protect Aoyagi, I thought he meant a lot to you, too." He regains his composure, but still pretty pissed.

"Rui. I don't know if you forgot, but something like this has happened before. Remember? I thought we both learned something from that day, but clearly only one of us has. Kutabare changed because I gave him the chance to--" He turns around, staring Rui dead in the eye. It sends a chill down Rui's spine. He's never seen Tsukasa angry like that before.