𝟶𝟹𝟽: 𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐!(🎃) 🎀

"Wait, why am I dressed as a clown?" I look at the mirror in shock, noticing Ena wheezing. I'm going to kill her.

"The characters are like, in a circus remember? Well then, let's do our best!" Saki hums, putting on her hat. I'm pretty sure that she's matching with Tenma.

"Reminder-- you're a background character. If you forget what you're doing, just follow what Saki does.. I don't think your role isn't that important." Nene shrugs as Emu fixes her outfit.

"What do you mean you think..?" I ask. She's one of the main characters.

"Okay, Shinonome! Let's go over it one more time!" Saki pulls my hand into an open space, and Ichika gets the script.

The things I do for love.

°•°•°

"I appreciate you helping us, Shinonome. I wonder what changed your mind. Don't worry, you look amazing." Kamishiro smirks, clearly getting a kick out of my humiliation.

"Shut up." I snarl, walking past him.

I look around for Ena and Mizuki, but don't see them anymore. Did they run off because they forgot something? This always happens...

A few minutes pass by and everyone is told to get together, including the clown squad. Quite literally... Wait, does that mean I'm part of them now..?!

They're all just going over the lines, but then way Tenma and Kamishiro are still sitting near each other is interesting to me. Of course, they're not facing each other.

It's only a few minutes before they get on stage now. I just follow Saki around because I have no idea when the hell we do. I had a month to prepare, what was I doing?!

I was staring at pictures of Toya and talking about him at our meetings. That's what I was doing.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Out of nowhere I hear a loud noise behind me, and turn around to see Kamishiro and a stage crew member on the ground with a box of props.

"I-I'm so sorry, Kamishiro--!" The lady apologizes, panicking.

"Were you hurt?"

"N-No, but--"

"Rui! Are you okay?" Tenma shoves his papers in my hands rushes over to him to help him up. Seriously? Still, he looks really worried.

"Yeah. Thanks." Kamishiro answers almost instantly, quickly moving away and speaks to the staff member. That was harsh.

"Damn, what did you even do?" I grin and hand him his papers. Tenma just sighs deeply before snatching them back.

"Save it..." He says, dejected.

°•°•°

"What's wrong? Why are you acting so weird? It's this way!" Saki smiles. When was she able to act so creepy..?

".. I have a bad feeling about this. Come!" Kamishiro steps back as Saki gets closer to him. What are we doing..?

"We can't leave without the book! And my little sister came all the way here just to show us... We were selected for this expedition for a reason! They believed in us--"

"They can lose all faith in me if they want, I could care less because I want you to be safe! That's what I care most about! And I know for a fact that is not your sister, so let's go!" Kamishiro grabs his hand, and takes him off stage.

I don't really get the plot. Is this a romance, or..?

That was the end of this act, but Tenma is so dazed it's hilarious.