𝟶𝟹𝟸: 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎 🧸

"What the fuck is wrong with you today, Toya?" Akito snarls, grabbing my wrist. What is he talking about?..

"Why won't you look at me?!"

I can't really see. Why can't I lift my head up..? What's going on?

"Akito, stop. If he doesn't want to do this today because of an audience, he doesn't have to. We can't force him to do anything!" An tries to take his arm but he pushes her away. Everyone's whispering.. is so loud.

"He never belonged here, anyway."

"What was he thinking..? Poor thing."

I look to the side and see people whispering and murmuring, staring right at me. How- How did we get on this.. stage..? It feels familiar.

"He said he was improving. Was all of that a lie for validation? That's so stupid!" He snaps at her, pointing to me. I manage to look up, but their faces.. I can't see them. He wouldn't say that. Why is he-..? Akito turns to me and I jolt.

"I don't know what your problem is, Toya. You've come so far, why did you screw everything up now?"

"Why won't he talk..?"

"That's so weird."

"A-Akito, I--" I try to speak, but it's like my voice is stuck inside of my throat.

"Shut up! If you won't speak properly, might as well keep your mouth shut! We all did everything for you. You know what? It would have been better if we never met."

What? Why is he saying all of this..?! I step back, glancing at the audience all staring at us. Does he really.. mean that..? No, he can't be telling the truth..!

"What is that on his arms? Oh my, he even lets that happen to him, too..."

"How can he think that anyone would ever like talking to him..?"

"Toya, this is all your fault for not trying to improve. You're nothing but a burden to all of us. You should have went back to your father."

Right after that I gasp, sitting up with cold sweat, my heart racing and tears streaming down my cheeks. It.. it was a dream?

I look to the side to see Akito with his arm around my waist, sleeping peacefully. I immediately cover my mouth with my trembling hands and try to calm myself down before I wake him. Why did I have a dream about a performance..? I haven't gotten on a stage since I was a child..!

And why was Akito the one yelling at me..? He seemed really angry. It was like.. I couldn't see his face the whole time. But when I finally did it was when he mentioned my father. Why..? Is this really what I'm afraid of?! My head is spinning--

"Toya?" I hear him call out to me and all of the sudden my thoughts disappear. I wipe my eyes, trying to move away from him and he sits up, gently grabbing my chin and having me face him.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks, wiping my tears with his thumb. I try to move my face away and nod, trying to hold back any hiccups.

"I'm not buying that." He frowns, almost looking disappointed.

"I-I'm sorry-.." I apologize, facing down. He scoffs and kisses my forehead.

"From now on, if you need to cry, you'll do so in my arms. But just know that I'm the only one you can cry in front of, okay? Your crying face is so cute." He laughs, kissing the corners of my eyes..

I stare at him for a moment and he gasps.

"I'm not saying I like seeing you cry! You're just mine and only mine, got it? And I'm beating up your dad no matter what you say." He grins, shutting his eyes again. My lip begins to quiver and I hug him tightly, burying my face into his chest.