𝟶𝟷𝟼: 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙾𝚞𝚝 𝙰𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎!

"Guys, Mizuki's class has a new student today!" An rushes in, and we all look at the door. "Welcome, Airi Momoi!"

"What the-?!"

"Ed Sheeran?!" She exclaims, and everyone stares at them. They grow embarrassed, hiding their faces. It's lunch break, not everyone is here, though. Ed Sheeran still makes me giggle after An showed me who that was. Wait-

"Yeah, she's from the theater club!!" An grins, and I blink. Great. Just great. "Come come, grab a seat next to Akito!" She says, inviting herself. Again.

"U-Um.." She grows shy, hesitantly sitting next to him.

"I don't bite. You should know that by now." Akito laughs, and she scoffs.

"Yeah, right."

I can't stop glaring at Momoi. I know he just sees her as a friend- does he? He does, right? Right??

"Toya? You okay?" Kusanagi asks, and I snap out of it, and nod.

"Toya, huh? Nice to meet you! Akito spoke a lot about you, I didn't get to properly greet you last time." Momoi grins. I nod.

"So, your name is Airi? Nice name." Akito rests his head on his hand, and she blushes.

"Sh-Shut up. Your name is Akito? What a dorky name." She insults him. Seriously, how did they not know each others names?!

"I like the name." I stare at her. She awkwardly laughs, and he goes close to me.

"She's not actually bullying me. It's just what close friends do, they make fun of each other sometimes." He whispers, and I nod, but confused. He doesn't bully me. Are we not close? I think. An calls him this.

"So does that mean I'd call you a carro--"

He stops my hand, and looks me dead in the eye.

"I would never insult you and I'd like for you not to either. It hurts my pride just by reading that in my head. We're close differently, okay.?" He squeezes my hand, before letting go. .. Did I hurt his feelings? Oh, no.

"So, Airi, tell us about yourself! I thought you said you went to a different school?" An asked.

"Well, I did. But I.. I got transferred here because I actually quit as an idol, and I went to an all girls school. I was supposed to come here last year, but.. I don't know. I got into a fight which led to me being kicked out." Momoi mumbles, and we all look at her.

"Didja win?!" An asks, and Akito smacks her head.

"No, it- it wasn't a physical fight, I just go slapped. I have.. these problems where I can't control my anger at times. I just speak my mind without thinking. I also quit because.. they didn't see me as an idol anymore. I just did commercials and meet and greets, I never sang or anything anymore. My old friend from the group tried comforting me and I snapped, but I said something without thinking twice, and she slapped me which I guess I deserved.." Momoi's voice cracks, and I start to feel bad. She looks up with tears in her eyes, and we all get shocked.

"I'm sorry, I-- don't feel bad, I messed up. I have trouble making friends because of this. Nobody wants to talk to me, I'm lucky enough An did." She cries, and Akito sighs.

"Don't even worry about that. Who cares what other people think? I have the same problem. But I stopped acknowledging them, they feed off your reactions. Stop crying, you've got us now." He lifts up her head, and she looks at him.

I never did ask Akito about his past.

"Th-Thank you, everyone. I don't know what I'd do without you." She sniffs, smiling. I still envy her. Kusanagi tugs my shirt, and I look at her.