𝟶𝟹𝟼: 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

When we arrive, we get a room and sit. Why are the food options so.. tempting? I really don't want to spend money, but...

"I haven't done this in so long.. An, would you like to go first?" Haruka says, but her excitement dies down when she asks. I'm so tired of this.

"Here, give it. I'll choose a song for you two." I take the tablet, scrolling through the songs and choose one. An tries to take it, though.

"A duet?! You b--" An tries to shout, literally jumping on me. If this asshole doesn't let go-!!

"Hold on just a second, I'll sound so terrible next to her!" Haruka objects immediately. We freeze, and I stare at An. Sure is embarrassing fighting like children in front of your ex-girlfriend, huh?!

"Says the idol!" She answers, getting off of me once I push her.

"I'm still practicing singing, y'know." An grins, crossing her arms and glaring.

"Is that a challenge?" Haruka gets up close to her, giggling.

"Of course! Whoever sounds the best has to buy lunch." An puts her hand out, and Haruka shakes it without hesitation. An sounds like a dying bird that got hit by a truck down the stairs, so this'll be easy.

Once the song begins, they both put on a terrible voice even a horror film director wouldn't put as the monster's voice. Why are they acting like this?!

They laugh together, but halfway through, they finally start to sing normally together. I have to admit, if I wasn't absolutely devouring these pancakes, I'd say they did really well.

"Let's do another one!" An says, snatching the tablet from my lap. You could at least ask...

"What about Akito..?" Haruka asks, nervously holding her microphone.

"I'm fine." I say, stuffing a whole pancake in my mouth. It's not that I don't like singing, it's just embarrassing doing it in front of someone I haven't talked to in a.. long time.

"See? This fatass is fine, you can pick the song!" An sticks her tongue out, but I just roll my eyes. She then sits next to me, laughing as Haruka has a hard time choosing. I see what she did...

"Thanks." An hugs me for a second, then getting back up. This idiot is so lucky she's my best friend. I'm totally going to make fun of her for that, though.

°•°•°

Wait, why am I at her house now..?

"I had the best day today! Thank you for winning the plushie, An." Haruka squeals, hugging the giant penguin. As if that didn't make An run out of money... I don't think she's ever been this expressive with us. She's usually so calm and quiet.

"I'm just glad we can act like we used to," An chuckles, blushing. I remember them being so corny. Trust me, it was a nightmare third wheeling.

"I'm sorry it's been so awkward. I just.. thought that you hated me. I felt like I shouldn't even be making physical contact with you-- But now I can hug you all I want without thinking, 'What if I develop feelings again?'" She confesses, squeezing her tightly. That came all at once.

"You're so stupid!" An ruffles her hair, throwing her onto the bed.

"Don't." I stop her before she even grabs me.

"Oh, yeah! I've been really curious.. why did you suddenly break up with me, though? I couldn't seem to get the question out of my head." An asks, sitting next to her.

"Now that we're best friends again, I'm sure it'll be easier to share." Haruka blushes, rubbing the back of her neck. I remember An being so sad the day it happened. It was almost funny. wait, was I like that-?