𝟶𝟷𝟸: 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢. 𝚙𝚝. 𝟸 🧸

I did a little practicing on Saturday, even though I'm stage crew. I'm also good at memorizing stuff. I have a lot of free time. I adore people on stage, but I can't seem to get on it... But I'm practically the only person around here, except everyone staring at me, so I go to the back.

"Watcha doin'?" Otori's head pops up from the tree. I get startled, and fall back. What is she doing here? Actually- what is she doing in a tree..? "Wah! I didn't mean to scare you, sorry!" Otori helps me up.

"It's okay. I was just try to mutter some of the lines to myself.." I brush the dust off of my notebook.

"Practicing the lines, huh? Well, I suppose it should be a requirement for the stage crew, in case someone ends up sick or ditches. ... We might need it. Good job!" She smiles, and I nod. "Have you memorized... All... The lines..?" She asks as we walk back to the front, and I nod again. Otori seems impressed.

"Rui is in a very bad mood.. we told him today about what happened.. and... You'll see.." She seems frightened, and I tilt my head.

"TOYA!! HELP!!" She cries, and I see Akito running after her with a knife. Is he.. always carrying that? An goes behind me, and I protect her, even though I'm super scared.

"Toya, please step aside. She had this coming." His glare looks scary, more people start to crowd. We're going to get banned from this shop.

"Woah, Shinononome, calm down!" Otori holds him back, and An bursts out laughing. Is she even worth protecting at this point?

"It's Shi-no-no-me. No extra 'no'. We've been in theater club since the 7th week of school." He rolls his eyes. That long?! And he never told me?

"Li'l bro!" What sounds like Akiyama shouts, running.

"Wait up!"

We turn around, and see Ena with Akiyama. Akiyama immediately drops down to their knees, and Ena looks away, with her hand on her face.

"The one time I didn't bring my camera! You knew this would happen, didn't you?!" They shook Ena, who pushed them away. "LET ME GET A SAMPLE OF YOUR HAI-" Ena smacked their head, and Akiyama cleared their throat. That sounds like An, though.

"I'm sorry. I'll see you soon. Have a good day." They walked away. Soon-?

"Sorry about that. I'll see you later, you three! Oh, and you, Ed Sheeran." She stuck her tongue out at him, and he glare at her. They left, and he tried to attack An again.

"Time out!!" She cried, gripping onto me. I stop Akito by grabbing his arm while making a pathetic attempt to squeeze it, but my arm gets tired immediately. I should try getting exercise..

This reminds me of whenever my piano lessons ended with a ruler mark on my hand, my mother would make cookies to cheer me up and stay in my room until I slept while making me smile by playing the piano badly. I have a scar on my arm, so I don't wear short sleeves out of the house.

"I'm innocent!"

"No, you-.. Whatever, I'm heading home for the day. Let's go, Toya." Akito sighs, dropping the knife. So it wasn't his..?

"I'll just go sneak in Kohane's house, then. I'll see you later, guys!" An waves, walking away.

"Bye-bye!!" Otori waves, already so far from us.

"I think you'll be fine doing stage crew. You just change the set up in the background, and the lights will be off. Are you excited for it?" Akito asks, and I think about it. Am I? I'm really not looking forward to lighting the kiss scene.

"I heard Kamishiro is having a crisis right now. What was the news anyway?" Akito grumbles, and we're home already.

"Toya! Welcome home!" My mother says, running up to me and hugging me tightly. She's been waiting outside for me, which is odd, because she doesn't like when it rains in winter. "Hello, Akito~!"