62) Father Daughter Time

Lumi POV

I slightly hum slightly to myself, as I get Nevermore ready for a small trip through the sky. It has been a while since we last flew around the island, and since I am free from school for a few more days to absolute recovery, would it be nice to have some quality time with my dragon friend. 

''Are you ready, Nevermore?'' I ask her and make sure the bridle and the saddle is safely secured to her body. I have already put on my flight armor, so we can just go ahead and take flight. Nevermore purred a little and move her body in excitement, clearly ready to take a flight around the island again.

''Lumi, dear.'' Call out a voice and keep me from jumping up on Nevermore's back. I look over my shoulder and see dad walking over to me, smiling like he usually do. ''Are you going somewhere? Are you sure you are well enough for it?''

''I feel just fine, dad.'' I simply answer him and give him a short hug. ''Nevermore has kind of been begging me to take her out on a flight. So I decided to take her for flight around the island and spend some time with her.''

''That sounds lovely, but may I suggest something for your little journey?'' Speak up dad and get my attention. I tilt my head confused and look questionable at him, letting him know I am listening. ''After your small flight, would you like to go with your old father for a small lunch at the island town? I happened to hear your favorite restaurant has brought back your favorite meal on the menu.''

''Chicken Alfredo a la Creme?'' I say excited of the news. That small hidden restaurant has been a favorite of mine from a young age. Dad some time took me there if I have been able to keep my magic from releasing on their own for a whole week or month. A nice reward from training hard on a dangerous magic. And that menu has been my favorite growing up, so nice and creamy with a small hint of curry spice and with shredded chicken. The menu was taken away from about a year ago for unknown reasons, but now it is back.

''So is that a yes, perhaps?'' Ask my dad, acting like he doesn't know the answer.

''Of course. It has been such a long time.'' I answer and give dad another hug. Dad chuckle a little and hug back and let us stay there for a minute.

''Then I will wait for your return from your small flight with Nevermore. Stay safe.'' Says dad and let me go, so I can return to flying with Nevermore. But now I suddenly think about it, haven't I been together with my father every since I start going to this school. I have been hanging out with my new friends and never spared anytime to be with my dad. This is probably the first time we spend time together this year, so maybe we should do more than just eat lunch together.

''Dad, would you like to fly with me?'' I invite him, making him stop from walking away from me.

''Excuse me?'' Ask Dad, taken back by my invitation. 

''It-Its just that it has been some time since we have been hanging out together, so maybe we should do more than just eating together... And Nevermore is part of the family now and you two didn't have much quality time together, so... maybe you would like to join our flight?'' I explained myself and actually feel myself blush a little. ''Nevermore will fly carefully, so need to worry.'' 

''Well, I am flattered for the offer, but I have my duties as the Headmaster to attend to.'' Tries dad to deny, but I only look at him with a bored face and lifted eyebrow. Dad shiver at that look and just look away, not wanting to admit the truth. ''Then again, it is a wonderful suggestion, so I would like to accompany you.''

''Great, dad. But you might need to change clothes.'' I suggest him and take a seat on Nevermore, waiting for dad to join us. Dad huffed and smirked a little before snapping his fingers. Magically, his cape turns into feathers that blows away with the wind, and his top hat and staff disappear into nothingness. He did keep his mask though, but that might be the protection for the wind in the eyes.