38) Application (5-10/5-14)

Lumi POV

Azul stop beside me and look at Jamil.

''Azul? What do you want?'' Ask Jamil a little annoyed.

''You really shouldn't make such a disgruntled face when talking to one of your classmates?'' Says Azul calmly to Jamil with his cocky smirk. ''You are on duty for class today, right? Apparently, this afternoon is magic history lesson will be self study. Trein-sensei would like you to pick up the worksheets from the faculty office.''

''Got it. I will head right over.'' Says Jamil and understand the situation.

''Leave the clean up to us.'' I add to Jamil, to take some burden off his shoulder. ''I even make sure Kalim get to his class on time.''

''Thank you.'' Thank Jamil to me. I then feel Grim jump up on to my shoulder.

''Oh yeah, didn't Azul showed out Jamil's schemes to the whole world on his magicam? Even blowing up Lumi's real gender.'' Ask Grim, rubbing salt to the wound.

''Grim, be nice.'' I scold that furry beast and flicker his ear.

''Don't get the wrong idea.'' Denied Azul at Grim and look at him for a moment. ''That was just a little performance so he couldn't talk his way out of the situation.''

''Ffgna?'' Gasp Grim at Azul's commend.

''Did you really think someone as deeply benevolent as I would ruin my classmate's life like that?'' Ask Azul lightly to Grim, then have a small glance at Jamil.

''I can see you doing it.'' Says Jamil right away, having an annoyed look on his face.

''Someone 'deeply benevolent' wouldn't tell lies like that in the first place.'' Commend Grim back.

''In actuality, I was simply on the phone with Jade that day.'' Inform Azul, trying to us believe it was all an accident and not on purpose. ''Unlike Leona-san, don't I find joy in going overboard to defeat my opponents. I don't go around devaluing secrets I have managed to get my hands on.''

''But you sure like to pressure people into signing a contract with you.'' I mock Azul with a small smirk. I might have gotten Ace mocking side.

''I... I don't know what you are talking about.'' Denied Azul and look away from me.

''*Sigh* Why did you put it like that?.. But you are right.'' Agree Jamil sadly to what Azul said before my commend. ''I hate to say it, but thanks to his benevolence, my parents and the Asim family... don't know the real reason for my overblot. Since then...'' Jamil stop for a moment, clearly thinking back to day after the overblot episode. We where all in the lounge of Scarabia and Kalim announce he won't change Jamil's position as the Vice Dorm Leader. The Scarabia resident argued about it, but Kalim make them remember that before the episode, was Jamil helping everyone with their problems and that should counter all his bad doing this winter holiday. In the end, didn't they mind Kalim decision and welcome Jamil back, 'forgetting' that it ever happen. ''... The residents have been going about as usual without much fuss. Our motto in Scarabia is 'careful forethought' after all. They avoid jumping to conclusions and carefully consider who they want to surround themselves with and what actions to take. Kalim and I as well.

''That is very Scarabian answer.'' Chuckle Azul and cross his arms. ''Everyone puts on a thick mask. You seem to have no problem dancing with him after everything either.''

''Hmph. Say what you want.'' Huff Jamil and unconsciously look over to the boys cleaning up. Ace and Deuce are trying to help Kalim do it right, instead of running back and forth to make it go faster. ''My standing inside and outside the dorm plummeted after my overblot. Until my reputation in and out of Scarabia improves, will I be good and follow Kalim's orders.''