Glorious Masquerade 2

Lumi POV

Lumi POV

''Is this the meeting place?'' Ask Grim as we walk to the town square, where tons of tents are set up, with a big stage in front of many table and benches. People have gathered here to chat, to plat some games, are eat some food. ''Is everyone already here?''

''They are over there.'' I say and point towards our friends. They have reserved two set of tables for us.

''You are here.'' Greet Malleus and reserve a spot for me beside him. The remain of his group is also sitting on the table.

''Oh? It is rare for everyone to gather on time without being late.'' Says Azul impressed, sitting on the other table with his group. Idia's group sits with them, so Trein and Grim sit with us.

''Ugh... You guys are so late... I felt sick with the crowd while waiting.'' Grumble Idia, sloughing over the table like he is drained of energy.

''This is the plaza that is the centre of this festival, there are a lot of people.'' Lecture Trein-sensei and make sure everyone is here. ''To begin with, this festival has one of the greatest history in the Shaflands, its origins is said to date back to before the first year of magic...''

''Ugh, the long lesson of Trein-sensei has begun.'' Mumble Ruggie and put his face to his fist.

''There is a big tent in front of us, is it the stage?'' Ask Grim and pull at my sleeve. ''There are also many other small tents as well.''

''The small tents are doing various thins such as performance and selling things.'' Says Idia and lean a little to talk to us from the other table.

''Uhm, Trein-sensei? Since this is a part of our fieldwork, I would like to look around the festival venue.'' Suggest Ruggie, to clearly escape Trein-sensei's lecture.

''Hmm..? Oh, that is right. It looks like we still have some time before the show starts, you guys are free to look around.'' Agreed Trein-sensei and take a look at his pocket watch. 

''Lumi, Grim, do you guys have any tents you want to see?'' Ask Deuce right away, getting up from the table.

''I just arrived here, so any tents would be interesting to look at.'' I point out and get up myself.

''Look at your right side, you will see something interesting.'' Suggest Mal and point at the direction.

''Ah... The thing in the left tent is...'' Says Idia and point the other way.

''You guys are not helping.'' I laughed at their support, and look in one direction. ''Let's check the right one then.''

''WAH.'' Yelp Grim before we even could walk. Something steps in front of him, and then move away. ''A-A GHOST WITH LONG LEGS.''

''It is a stilt. Inside the costume there must be an ordinary human.'' Explain Malleus as Grim look up at the person walking the stilts. 

''Hmm. That means if I use that, I can be taller than Tsunotaro, right?'' Wonder Grim and nearly fall back, from look up.