37) Singing voice (5-4/5-9)

Lumi POV

Lumi POV

I pick up my tray of food from the cafeteria, after paying for my food and try to find Ace and Deuce, but all the attention on me is making me feel weird. Almost every students are looking weird at me and keep their distance from me, like I am a freak. I really try to ignore them, but it is hard since my gender is revealed.

''Ffna... I am starving.'' Whine Grim as I sit down on the table and give him the plate of fish. ''The day feels so much longer, when we have PE in the morning, y'know.''

''Dude, you get super hungry whether or not we have PE.'' Point out Ace and eat his lunch.

''And it was super awkward for me.'' I mumble, while eating pasta and salat mix. Deuce place a hand on my shoulder for comfort, but then he notice something near the fireplace.

''What is going on? Everyone seems so interested in something on the wall.'' Wonder Deuce and point over to the crowd. He take a closer look at the titel at the top of the board. '''National Magic School Joint Cultural Festival: Vocal & Dance Championship. On-Stage Performer Audition'?''

''Audition to be part of VDC, cool.'' I say excited to that.

''Oh, so it is about the culture festival.'' Says Deuce and understand it too.

''It is on TV every year, so I usually ended up watching, but I didn't know they were selected through audition.'' Says Ace, looking at the crowd signing up for the audition try-out. He then stand up and walk over there, then come back with some flyers in hand. '''Come all with pride in their song and dance. This is your chance to make your pro debut? Take your spot at the top of all high school students. If your team is chosen as a finalist on the day of the event... will you earn the prize of five million madol to be equally divided amongst yourselves.'''

''FI-FIVE MILLION MADOL EQUALLY SPLIT?'' Yelp Ace, Deuce and Grim at the same time, while I keep my calm.

''That is correct. Isn't it splendid?'' Ask my dad, who comes out of the blue, making the three yelp and flinch.

''Hey dad.'' I greet him normally.

''Headmaster, think you could stop just popping out of nowhere?'' Ask Ace, still in shock.

''Oh, my apologies.'' Apologize dad to the three. ''It is not my intention to scare you. The reason we can provide a prize like that for the Vocal & Dance Champion is... because we have received an enormous number of sponsors for this event. VDC is on a much greater scope than a normal musical contest. Finalists in this event are likely to receive a variety of debut offers from entertainment and music labels. It wouldn't be a stretch to say you could become buddies with an overnight sensation. You can ignore your ties to the school and dedicate yourself to chasing after you furture through this music battle. You have to offer a worthwhile reward to get the elite to show up.''

''That makes sense.'' Says Ace and understand how the prize is that high. ''For the sponsors this is a chance for them to find a real money maker, so... five million madol is pocket change for them.''