16) Magic broom lesson

Lumi/Louie POV

Today do we have a special lesson. All first year students are gonna have magic broom lessons. Some already know how to fly it, but others don't. And I am one of does. But since I am a 'magicless' human, can't I participate since the broom need magic to be able to fly. Grim aren't here, because his small size won't be able to control the broom, so he got permitten to get the day off. I joined the lesson to watch and learn, cause if my secret is out, do I already know how to fly it, so I asked Grim to watch Nevermore.

''Okay class. Today's special lesson is magic broom flying lesson.'' Call Vargas-sensei and use his magic to bring forth a lot of magic broom. ''Some of you know how to fly these, but there are some who doesn't, so we will go over the basic together.''

''Hai.'' Agreed the students and get a broom. Vargas-sensei went over to me and place a hand on my shoulder.

''You can just watch from the side.'' Says Vargas-sensei and I nodded. As the other get ready in two lines, do I sit down on the grass near by, in lotus position, so I can hear what Vargas-sensei will say.

''It is sad you can't participate, Louie.'' Says Deuce to me, who I sit closes to. Next is Ace, then Jack, and a little further is that boy named Epel. And on the other line stands that loud Diasomnia member, Sebek.

''Well, a student that can't use magic, can probably not fly a magic broom.'' I pointed out with a small laugh. Deuce laugh a little too, remembering to keep my identities. ''But I wanna know how it is like to fly on a broom.''

''Then you can just fly with one of us, later on.'' Suggest Ace and smirk at me. I just wave him off with a smile, feeling a little happy that he would like to give me a ride.

''Alright. First step. Lay the broom on the ground and use your magic to get up to your hand. Because the broom need to know who is flying.'' Instruct Vargas-sensei and demonstrate it. The broom went right into his hand. The other students follow the instruction, and a few of them got it up right away.

''This is hard.'' Groan Ace and have a hard time getting up. It fly a little up, but then fall down.

''Just focus your magic into your palm and the broom will feel it.'' Help Jack and show Ace how he does it, and it went right up. Ace try again and got it up this time.

''How long have you been flying a magic broom, Jack?'' I ask amazed at his knowledge.

''Savanaclaw had a lesson at the start of the school, to train for Magift.'' Explain Jack to me, which I nodded to. I then look over to Deuce and see he already has the broom in his hand.

''Alright, step two.'' Call Vagas-sensei and get the students attention as soon as he see that they have the broom in their hand. ''To lift up, do you have to give it the command through your magic. Your inner thoughts will steer it.''

''That sounds weird.'' I mumble to myself and watch as the others place the broom in between their legs and some actually gets to fly up.

''Watch out.'' Call someone and we see a student accidently lost the grib of his broom and it flew directly at us. We all move away and see it hit the ground, and doesn't move.

''Are you alright?'' I ask worried for the student and look at him. He nodded and wave me at, to tell me he is alright. ''I get your broom.''

''Thank you.'' Thank the student as I get closer to the broom. I carefully pick it up and is about to go to the student, when I feel the broom shaking.

''Uhm, Vagas-sensei.'' I called worried and look at the teacher. ''Is it normal that it will shake when a non-magic person touch it?''

''No, it is not.'' Warn Vargas-sensei and walk over to me, but right before he could take the broom from me, did it actually moved at it pulled me with it for a meter or two.