I replied with a lazy look. "I'm just paying a debt. There's nothing between us."

"But Marquess Fabian is notoriously difficult to meet. How did you know him?" Arkanio drew closer with a curious expression, still with that irritating smile.

I looked at Arkanio strangely. "What do you mean by difficult? I've met him many times, and even both of us have met him before. ."

Arkanio frowned. "Really? When?"

That time... didn't Alvanio take off his mask? Did Arkanio not see his face?

"Forget it.."

"?? Sooo how did you two meet?"

"I met him by chance on the street. He helped me a few ti- wait, this isn't important. Why are you being a gossip like those ladies?" I stared in annoyance.

Reymond then took the initiative to explain. "Marquess Fabian is a mysterious figure whose every piece of information becomes a hot topic of conversation for the nobles. Don't forget that the first impression he gave rather... unique?"

Arkanio nodded hard. "He's strang-" Arkanio's words' cut off when a sofa pillow hit his face.

That surprised me...

Reymond, the perpetrator, glared at Arkanio. "Watch what you say. If someone hear it, it could be an insult."

"Ow, your strength is no joke. Rey, you're evil! I'm just speaking my mind!" Arkanio wiped away tears that never existed.

It seems like you who have a character like that are strange

"Well, you're not wrong. He appeared out of nowhere and suddenly entrusted with guarding the new border. No one knows his origins. And his personal information is being kept under the lock by the crown prince. So far, it's rumored that he is a nobleman of a higher rank from a distant kingdom."

Nobleman..? The guess is very far...

"Right! His etiquette and posture are good, but he acts casual when he talks to the crown prince. And somehow the crown prince tolerated his impolite attitude. Doesn't that mean he's on the same level or so if that's the reason?"

Well, that makes sense. I would agree if I didn't know Alvanio's story.

"It seems like I'm so famous that the topic of me was brought up by three famous figure." Alvanio suddenly appeared and sat on the single sofa next to Reymond.

You're alone..? What about William?

Reymond politely greeted. "It is an honor to meet you, Marquess Fabian. We discussed you simply out of curiosity."

"Curious about me?"

Arkanio nodded, then shook his head. "Yes and no. I'm curious about your relationship with Lania."

"...Lania?" He muttered under his breath, which I could still hear.
"Why? Do you like Lady Alfaret?"

That question is very random.

Arkanio was silent, looking like he was considering it.

Hey, you can immediately deny it. What's there to think about?

"Maybe?"

I looked at Arkanio in surprise.

What the heck? Are you crazy? No, I don't believe you.. you just broke up, so there's no way.

He smiled brightly. "How could I not after seeing you raise your sword and defend your subordinates? I love it when I see noblewomen like you."

Sigh.. You surprised me for a moment. I know it's not that kind of like.

"Uhm... thank you... I think..." I scratched my cheek awkwardly.

"It seems like the experience that both of you went through was way more interesting than mine and Lady Alfaret's. I'm more interested in hearing about your meeting." Alvanio crossed his arms with a smile.

Sigh... as usual, he wants to dig up information even at times like this.

"Hmmmm... I forgot our first meeting. It was a long time ago. Do you remember Rey?"

"...that's in the past. There's no need to bring it up. I'm more curious about Lady Alfaret's meeting with Marquess Fabian." Reymond glanced at me briefly.

...What?

"It seems Sir Grigory has a bad memory." Alvanio ate the cake on the table, trying to hide his visible smirk.

"That wasn't true."

"It doesn't look like that?"

"What should I do to prove it?"

"Tell me in details?"

Reymond was silent for a moment. "Well... I'm not too sure about the details... at that time-"