The Fifty-Second Feather: Cheating at Tag

Meanwhile, Levia, Ziggy, and Killakee were treading through the shit-ridden underground for a couple of minutes. Ziggy complained: "Fuck! This place smells like total shit! We might as well just call it quits!"

Levia: "Uhuh, it's almost like we're in a texan sewer system."

Ziggy: "Just use your echolocation, save us the smell of defecation!"

Levia: "I'm not sure if we've ever introduced each other properly, but my name is Leviathan Lopez, not Miracle Worker Lopez. I can't make a sound loud enough to echo through the entire system and find the supposed second hole."

Ziggy: "You want a loud sound, okay bitch, I'll give you a loud sound!"

He then unsheathed a battery-charged megaphone and before Levia could stop him, he shouted at the top of his lungs, absolutely blasting the life out of all of their eardrums. Killakee was hissing and screaming while Levia was shouting: "AAGH! My eardrums are fucking bleeding! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

Ziggy: "Compliments my bars and let's shoot for the stars."

Levia: "I'm going to murder you if you keep spouting stupid shit!"

Meow: "Mrrreoowww..."

Despite Levia's protest, he has to pass a compliment to the rapper because as it turned out, inversely of how insulting his lyrics destroys a person's ears, complimenting them grants a temporary immunity to his debuff. "You could've at least warned me, asshole." Levia complained.

Killakee meowed: "Meow."

Levia: "As a matter of fact, yeah, I think I know where we're supposed to go now. Follow me."

While those three were sprinting to their destination, Murmur's pursuit of Jake was still ongoing at a rapid pace and eventually led them to the front door of the underground prison. They both stopped there and stared at the locked gate for a second before Murmur leapt up and deactivated the security cameras with her tiny electric sparks. She said: "There, no interruptions to save you now! Black has made their move, now white to go!"

What did Jake do in response to being cornered once again? Simple. Seeing as he was getting fed up with this, He transformed his bee arms into Mantis shrimp fists and destroyed the concrete wall right next to the door and dashed inside, leaving Murmur to fly after him, baffled but somewhat unsurprised by that display.

Back to the trio, they stumbled their way through the filth and stench and found themselves in front of the prison that Jake and Murmur were fighting in. Levia commented: "Hm, I thought I was imagining things when I felt some people were fighting down here. Turns out I was right, they put a massive hole in the wall."

Ziggy: "Right, but is this where we're supposed to be? I doubt it's got any shit for us to see."

Levia: "Maybe if your boss gave us a map or something, I'd answer you, but right now, this definitely looks like a starting point. Plus, with those two fighting inside, maybe we could benefit from that as a distraction."

Killakee: "Meow."

Levia: "Yeah, I guess it's not for me to worry about. Alright, rapper man, put your hands on the steering wheel while we're in the backseat."

He then entered the water bucket along with Killakee, leaving Ziggy to carve their way to their final destination.

Inside, the alarms were sounded and all security was deployed to capture the two forces tearing their way down the facility to no avail. The guards threw every power and every weapon they had at those two but their descent was nearly unstoppable.

Jake didn't know exactly where Raphael was, so he had to improvise and come up with a way to know which cell they were held in and ultimately, Jake decided that the first step was to lose the girl chasing after him with murderous intent.

Immediately, however, he recognised that the backpack he was carrying Corna's head with wouldn't transform with him, meaning that he had to find a way to hide without any major transformations.

Eventually, the chase came to an end when Jake saw a sudden, inexplicable corner appear in the place of an otherwise ongoing straight hallway and after he pumped the brakes at the last second and turned to the left, he collided head first into a wall where the path seemed to be. It turned out that murmur used her mind illusions to make Jake think there was a sharp turn in front of him. She landed on the ground and said: "And would you look at that, A dog boy running head first into an imaginary path on a wall. Tell me, Wile E Coyote, how did you plan to hide, eh? If you weren't carrying that stupid head on your back, you could've probably gotten away safe and sound, but now look at yourself, look at what having temporary human connections did to you."

She looked down on Jake, who was lying on the ground, concussed and unable to move, let alone flee or defend, and thought to herself: "Christ, that was a close one. I expected this to be much more challenging since I could only use ten percent of my powers without my head. Hell, In my current state, the only ability I have is illusions. If he caught on to my bullshit, I would've been one cooked thanksgiving turkey but thankfully, Corna sucked at picking her confidants. Now, speaking of whom, let's make sure she's gone for good, shall we?"

Fifty-Second Feather:

Plucked