The Thirty-Ninth Feather: Let's Try That Again

Going a little back in time, right after Levia surrendered his croissants to Yoko, he turned to Killakee and yelled: "You little shit! Why were you trying to eat those?! You're a cat! Cats don't eat pastries!"

Killakee: "MEOW!"

Levia: "Don't give me that shit! You live under my roof and the least I ask is that you don't eat the customers' fucking food!"

Killakee: "Meow."

Levia: "Go sit in the corner and think about what you did. Hopefully whoever is going to eat that isn't allergic to furbags."

Killakee: "Meow."

Then, unexpectedly, a few knocks on the door were heard. Levia let out a deep sigh and opened it, revealing L'étranger and her minions. She greeted him: "Hey, good morning."

Levia: "...It's seven in the evening."

L'étranger: "Different time zone where I just came from. Anyway, do you mind if we come in?"

Levia: "Sure."

While they were taking their seats, Demogorgon whispered to Maneki: "Tell me... Am I imagining things or... Is L'étranger uncharacteristically gentle with him than with us?"

Maneki: "That does seem to be the case."

Demogorgon: "I am... none too pleased by that."

Maneki: "Endure it, this is for the greater good."

Demogorgon: "Ugh..."

L'étranger: "Alright, ladies and gentlemen and cat-"

Killakee: "Meow."

L'étranger: "I'm sure you're wondering why I brought you here."

Levia: "You better not be planning on making my house your base of operations or I swear to God."

L'étranger: "Until I can find us a secure place, we're gonna have to keep crashing here. Sorry."

Demogorgon leaned toward Maneki and whispered: "Did you hear that...? She apologised... to him! I've never heard an apology escape her mouth before... What's going on?"

Levia: "Great, fantastic, wonderful, couldn't ask for worse."

L'étranger: "Levia, your house is a liminal space and that means that it exists outside of perceivable space, making it next to impossible for anyone to pinpoint where it is."

Levia: "Hold on, then how come customers can find their way here? How did you all figure out where it is?"

L'étranger: "I said it was impossible to pinpoint, not enter. There's usually some kind of metaphorical key needed to enter such places. Sometimes it's permission from the owner, sometimes it's a state of mind."

Levia: "Like being hungry?"

L'étranger: "Maybe, only you can know and alter these conditions."

Levia: "I hate to break it to you, but I don't have any influence on this house. I don't know who it belongs to, but whoever that is seems unbothered by me living here for the past five or so years."

L'étranger: "Can't you make your own liminal space?"

Levia: "I don't think I have the facilities for that."

Maneki: "No, you do."

Levia: "Shut your ass up."

L'étranger: "He's right. You're a Hylic Beyonder and even though you were given Nameless augmentations, there are abilities shared among all of them, which are, you guessed it, liminal spaces."