The Seventh Feather: School Days

Back to Corna, the bell rang and all the kids at the elementary school were granted a break for fifteen minutes to enjoy themselves in the playground.

Corna was among those kids, but as to be expected, she used her powers to trick both the school staff and her peers into thinking that she did everything needed to enrol. But in reality, she wanted an easy way to get in and out of that school for one particular reason. The school she kept coming back to is infamous for a lot of tragedies, which would naturally mean that there was a lot of emotional energy residue everywhere, therefore, that location became a hotspot for Beyonders of all kinds. Corna herself wasn't interested in the energy, regardless of how tasty it would be, she was more focused on the students themselves who would frequently get possessed by Beyonders, She was looking for her friend among the crowd of kids, In the hopes that said friend will show up one day, either by possessing one of the students, or by obtaining her own Hylic body. In the meantime, Corna chose to play the waiting game, which is why she chose to insert herself into Yoko's apartment complex, which was really close by.

Corna wasn't playing with any of her classmates, all she did during the break was sit on top of the jungle gym and drown in her own depression. She missed her old friends and she still does.

The day went on and nothing of interest happened and no progress was made. Corna did more than just stay idle, however, and started doing work for the news club a while ago, simply so she could hear about every single thing happening around town.

She still didn't find anything from them, but she did catch wind of a baseball game coming soon involving another school and hers. She packed her stuff in her bag and decided to call it a day.

Along the way, she ran into Yoko who greeted her: "Hey, Corna."

Corna: "Hey."

Yoko: "So, uhh, any luck today with what you're trying to do?"

Corna: "Nope. I got nothing but zilch again."

Yoko: "Y'know, no one can get anywhere without help."

Corna: "It's not like you can help me."

Yoko: "Hah! Who said I wanted to help you? I'm telling you to get some people to help you. I don't know what you're looking for in that school, but you're probably not good at it if it's taking you this long."

Corna: "Screw you, I'm a smart girl. I'm playing the waiting game."

Yoko: "Bad idea. Even if you wait until the heat death of the universe, nothing will happen unless you do things on your end."

Corna: "Are you just saying to piss me off?"

Yoko: "What? You really think I'm that petty, huh?"

Corna: "Ugh... fine, I'll see what I can do about that."

Yoko: "Say, is there a reason for why you don't want to tell me about what or who you're looking for."

Corna: "Because it's none of your business."

Yoko: "Yeah, I get that, but you'll crack eventually, so why not crack now and get it over with?"

Corna: "Nice try."

Yoko: "...Wait, the conversation derailed. What were we talking about?"

Corna: "We were talking about how you messed up your interview."

Yoko: "No I didn't! I aced that bit! I even got the job on the spot! That's how much of an interview wizard I am!"

Corna: "...You took a job at ALMACA?"

Yoko: "Yeah, can you believe that? The world's largest medicinal conglomerate! Although I'm just a glorified lab rat, I'm going to get paid fat racks!"

Corna: "You shouldn't take whatever job they let you have."

Yoko: "And why would I shoot myself in the foot like that?"

Corna: "If you'll ever listen to an advice from me, do it now. Do not work for those fiends."

Yoko: "Wanna tell me why or is this another no-can-say thing?"

Corna: "That group is run by villains and scandalous schemers. They almost killed me on multiple occasions."

Yoko: "To be fair, every conglomerate is evil. Also, WHAT?!"

Corna: "Those bastards do more than what they show to the public. None of it is good."

Yoko: "I'll see about that for myself. Anyway, we made it home."

Corna: "Yeah, Jake must've been so lonely up there."

Yoko: "Why don't you take him with you to school? I get he's a dog and all that but can't you do mind tricks about it?"

Corna: "I took him with me on the first day, but he couldn't stomach it. He said it reminded him of... an old place."

Yoko: "I'll add that one to the list of crap I don't know about."

And with that, they both went back to the apartment and continued to struggle with their insomnia.

Seventh Feather:

Plucked