The Forty-Sixth Feather: Beachside Empathy

Through the magic gate, the two Hylics found themselves on a lively beach in Belgium. Levia looked at the people enjoying themselves on the sand and in the water and said: "Hm, I wasn't expecting it to be this... normal."

Demogorgon: "Belgium's coastline is quite long... So we must blend in and travel on foot from here."

Levia: "You're telling me to blend in, but I doubt... What the fuck? Where and when did you get that shirt?"

During the split moment when he had his head turned away, Demogorgon had put on a silly t-shirt that read: "I'm with stupid →"

She answered his question: "Hylic Beyonders can also... Make their own clothes..."

Levia: "Okay? But why did you pick that of all things?"

Demogorgon: "L'étranger likes it... Let's not waste any more time..."

Levia: "...Can you tell me how to do that? Changing my outfit at will, I mean."

Demogorgon: "We will do that once you finish the tasks laid before you..."

Levia: "Fine... Oh! Since we're at the beach, there's something I want to try! Can you take me back to the house? I'll be back in a second!"

Demogorgon: "Just be quick..."

She did as he asked, so he quickly travelled through and came back with a hot dog cart. Confused by what she was, she asked him: "Are you... Going to do what I think you're going to do...?"

Levia: "You bet your ass I am! I might as well give myself something to do while we walk."

With that, the duo spent the next two hours walking along the coastline and selling delicious wieners. At the two hour mark, Levia ran out of glizzies to sell, so he wanted to kill some time by asking: "Hey, Demo, can I call you Demo?"

Demo: "I don't mind..."

Levia: "Say, Demo, what's L'étranger trying to do?"

Demo: "Be more specific..."

Levia: "I mean, why did she betray her boss? Why is she looking for artificial children? What do you people gain from working with her? And so on and so forth."

Demo: "To answer your questions... She wishes to take over the syndicate... All because she disagrees with Archimedes' approach at tackling the oppression against his kind."

Levia: "Uhuh, so she's looking to make it lose the 'terrorist group' status it currently has?"

Demo: "Yes."

Levia: "Couldn't she just talk it out with him?"

Demo: "Although Archimedes is a generous man in his own right... He is a man of a hardened mindset... He will not sway or falter regarding any decision he makes."

Levia: "Uhuh. So, how is she expecting herself to do that? I've been to his small kingdom only once and it seemed like he had complete unwavering support from his followers."

Demo: "He still does...Primarily because your Nameless kind share an instinct that makes them amenable to his methodology... We, the few with opened eyes, wish for a peaceful way to resolve the years-long feud between the humans and us."

Levia: "Fair enough, but that doesn't answer my question."

Demo: "L'étranger was among the first to see the faults in the boss' ideals... So over the course of many years, she slowly swayed one person after another to her cause... She may not look it, but she has a sleeping army among the syndicate's ranks... We have yet to settle on a name for our group, but it appears that the M.I.S.S.I.O.N organisation has picked one for us..."