• S I X T Y - T W O •

Comenzar desde el principio

"I killed a dream, Harry! I fucking murdered an innocent dream with my weak, good-for-nothing body. You couldn't be a father because of me!" She cries harder. Kneeling down next to her, I hug her and kiss her on the forehead.

"Don't blame yourself for this. It wasn't your fault, Caroline." She avoids my eyes as pain-filled tears run down her face. Cradling her face in my hands, I make her look at me. "That child must have done something good to go to heaven right away. Most of us are here over and over and over to finally get it all right. I'm proud that God thought our child was sinless..."

"I will be here again for my mistakes." She says quietly.

"I will be here again for my mistakes as well." I respond to her, kissing her lips. They taste salty, due to her tears. "But for now, let's just embrace and cherish what we have."

"Harry, I want to try again." She speaks, burying her face in the warmth of my chest as she cries. My heart actually hurts because of how bad she feels but I don't want to make any hasty decisions. I tilt her chin up so her eyes meet mine.

"No, love," I shake my head as my forehead is pressed firmly against hers. "I don't think it's a wise idea. I get that you feel terrible about the miscarriage but I don't want you getting hurt even more. I'm saying this because I truly and genuinely love you."

Caroline is silent as she closes her eyes. I continue on, close to the verge of crying, myself. "What I'm about to say is the complete and utter truth. I want to marry you, I want you to be the mother of my children, I want to experience life with you, hell- I want to grow old with you...and I want you to be by my side when I slip away from the world. Please, I want you to be the one."

Listening to my words, Caroline stares deeply into my eyes while rubbing my cheeks with her thumbs. "Then I'll be the one. I'll be your one." She whispers before her eyes trail down to my vulnerable lips. Soon, hers are on top of mine and our movements are in sync. I hoist her up onto me, letting her legs drape around my waist. We exit the bathroom like this, becoming a sloppy mess because of our hungry movements. I press her against the nearest wall.

Leaving no time to be wasted, I throw off Caroline's shirt and she helps get the sweater vest and plaid button-up off of me. Our kisses become more intense as my lips trail down to her neck, sucking harshly on her sweet spot.

"Harry," Caroline moans in pleasure, throwing her head back as she arches herself off the wall. My lips move to her chest as I leave hickeys there as well.

"I like it when you say my name, but it sounds better when you moan it." I say seductively, determined to try something new. Taking her to the bed, I push her down onto the mattress and kneel down at the foot of the bed...

"I'm going to make you feel so good."

*~* (A/N: How I'm feelin' rn)

_______________________

C A R O L I N E

At the end of the nerve-wracking experience, I am a panting, sweaty mess. Lying on my back, I heavily breathe in and out. Harry flings himself down next to me.

"Wow, that was really awkward." I say, my cheeks turning red. Harry rolls over to kiss me on the forehead.

"How was that awkward?" He chuckles, resting his hands on his stomach as we stare up at the white ceiling. I remember that peak of ecstasy when I couldn't even see it anymore. The thought itself causes heat to flush into my ears.

"Well for a starter, you put your tongue-"

"It's called going down on someone, love."

"It's gross."