The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer

Start from the beginning

I slowly moved my eyes away from the painting, seeing Mamoru talking to a lady outside. I groaned with an eyeroll, "Ugh, not him...Naru, you can head home without me. Umino, make sure Naru gets home safely, and get me a poster please, I'll pay you back. Bye!"

I quickly went outside, ignoring Naru and Umino's calls of my name. I smirked as I walked over to the duo, calling out, "Hey jerkwad, are you bothering this lady? I'm telling Rei."

He turned to me, frowning, "You've got the wrong idea, Usagi."

I raised an eyebrow, looking at him, "Oh really? How am I wrong? You're always bothering me."

He rolled his eyes at me and I jumped as the lady tugged on my cardigan. I turned to her with wide eyes, "Hi?"

She smiled at us, her eyes shining happily, "You match my image perfectly! I'm so lucky today!" She bowed her head at us, "Please model for me!"

I blinked a few times, repeating, "Model for you?"

__TIME SKIP__

We, Mamoru and I, were now outside this woman's home. She smiled at us, holding the door open, "Right this way! Come on in!"

We stepped inside and I walked over to her large window, staring at her beautiful garden, "Wow...it's so pretty."

She smiled at me, gesturing to a seat, "Right this way. Umm, Mamoru...I'll make some tasty coffee."

She walked into her kitchen as Mamoru huffed from his seat, crossing his arms, "I ended up being dragged here, but it's not like I have that much free time to spare."

I rolled my eyes, turning around and leaning against the wall, "Please, you followed along willingly. Obviously, you've got plenty of time to spare."

He glared at me and I gave him a cheeky smile before I spotted some painting behind the bench. I walked over to them, picking up the first one and tilting my head, "Wow, this looks like Yumemi Yumeno's art. Could she be..." I turned around, calling out, "Excuse me, are you Yumemi by chance?"

She didn't reply right away, keeping busy with the coffee before turning around with a blush, "Not what you were expecting, right? People think that theses paintings should be drawn by someone more beautiful. That's why I draw myself as one. Please keep this a secret from everybody, okay?"

She retuned to the coffee as I smiled, "I will, promise. Also, I think you're beautiful just the way you are, and your paintings are amazing, magical, gorgeous."

She turned back to look at me, smiling, "Thank you. It warms my heart knowing that my paintings make people smile."

She grabbed the tray and walked over, placing it on a table beside Mamoru, "Here you go. Drink it while it's hot."

Mamoru poured himself a cup as Yumemi placed a pillow beside him, looking at me with a smile, "Here you go."

I blinked, raising an eyebrow, "Wait a minute, you want me to be in a picture with him? I don't know if you remember the whole walk here, but I can't stand this guy."

Mamoru put his cup down, "You must be so happy."

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

Mamoru stood up, stating, "I don't want to be a model for a picture like this."

Yumemi stood in front of Mamoru, clasping her hands with wide eyes, "Please! Sit down...I have a hard time imaging things without a model. And lately, there hasn't been anyone who matches what I want...it'll be just for today, so please..."

I turned to look at Mamoru, wondering what he was gonna do now. Mamoru looked at Yumemi, briefly glancing at me from the corner of his eye before sighing, "I guess I have no choice..."