Wish Upon a Star: Naru's First Love

(She's wearing the same swimsuit from the Beach Episode and the outfit above is what she's wearing throughout the chapter!)
_________________________________

I was at the swimming pool with Naru, having a great time in the water when I spotted Naru sitting on the edge, looking lost in her thoughts. I frowned to myself, this wasn't the first time that Naru's had that look in her eye and it all started happening when she was attacked by Nephrite. I swam over to her, floating in front of her to see if she noticed me. She didn't so I lightly splashed her, calling out, "Naru. Naru."

She snapped out of it, rolling her eyes at me, "You're such a kid, Usagi."

I gave her cheeky smile, "Well, I try my best...what's got you lost in thought Naru? Are you in love?"

I wiggled my eyebrows playfully as Naru sighed, a blush covering her cheeks, "That's right...I feel like a grown-up in love."

I blinked in confusion before getting hit with a beach ball. It was unexpected so I lost my balance a little, almost going underwater. I couched up the water that got in my mouth before looking at Naru, "Oh, do I know this special person?"

Naru bit her lip before sighing, placing her hands on her cheeks as she replied, "It's Mr. Sanjoin."

My eyes widened, shocked to hear that name come out of Naru's mouth. Naru noticed my reaction, stating, "You don't need to act so surprised. I know he's a little older than me, but age means nothing if there's love."

I bit my lip, slowly stating, "I don't know Naru...I'll respect your feelings about him, just please be cautious, I've heard he's bad news."

Naru looked at me before nodding, "Okay, I'll take your advice Usagi. Thanks."

I gave her a smile before splashing her once again, causing her to laugh and jump in the pool with me.

------------------

I was with Rei, Ami, and Luna telling them about Naru being in love with Nephrite. Luna sighed, "This has become complicated."

Ami and I nodded in agreement as Rei spoke, "We need to tell Naru that Masato Sanjoin is really Nephrite..."

Ami frowned, "Maybe we should wait and see for a while."

I shook my head, looking at the ground, "It's not that simple. She's not going to listen to that. Look, I told her that I'll trust her judgement but that he was a bad guy. She took my advice. We should just wait and see like Ami suggested."

Rei scoffed, "What if she just said that to get you off her back, Usagi? We need to tell her we won't know what she really feels unless we do so."

Ami touched Rei's shoulder, "Calm down, Rei..."

I glared at Rei, "No! I will not betray my friend! Naru is a civilian, she doesn't know Nephrite like we do! She's in love with the character he plays, Masato Sanjoin, and that just means we need to defeat him as soon as possible. Once we do, we can tell her that he left the country and she'll be heartbroken, but she'll get over him. That is our best and only option unless otherwise."

Rei and Ami looked at me, shocked by my outburst. Luna walked over to me, hitting my leg with her head. I reached down and scratched her head, speaking softly, "I know you're just trying to help Rei, I get that. I just...I can't lose one of my best friends. I'll try to talk to her again today."

The girls nodded and Luna and I left Rei's place together, both of us thinking about Naru's feelings for Nephrite. I know telling her all about Nephrite is the best thing for her but I don't want to lose my best friend over a guy, a guy that wants to suck all the energy out of us. I mean, there has to be some way that I could warn Naru about Nephrite without her hating me forever. I sighed sadly, spotting the Game Center from the corner of my eye and thought about Motoki. He might be able to help me with this dilemma. I walked in, looking around for Motoki and spotted him helping a girl play a game. I sighed sadly, muttering, "He's busy...looks like I'm on my own..."