The Luxury Cruise Ship is a Trap

I was in class, staring at the poster that was on my desk. I sighed, looking at Naru, "I'd like to ride on one of those at least once..."

Naru nodded with a sigh, "I heard that tickets have been completely sold out for a month!"

Umino walked over to us with a smile, "Looking at those romantic cruises, huh? They do seem nice!" Umino took the poster off the desk, "A luxury liner with room for 666 passengers...The view of the stars as the ship travels from Tokyo to Yokohama is enough to make any man and woman fall in love."

I raised my eyebrow as he chuckled nervously before asking me, "Usagi, do you really want to go on this cruise?"

I nodded with a sigh, "Yeah, but the guy I want to go with is...unavailable."

Umino nodded, "I see. That's unfortunate..."

I squinted my eyes at Umino, slowly standing up, "Umino, are you saying..."

Naru continued for me, "...that you have tickets?"

Umino nodded, "I did, but I gave them to my neighbor..."

I smiled at Umino as Naru sighed, disappointed, "H-How could you ever pass up something so incredible?!"

Umino shrugged, "Well, I'm still a minor...I can't go unless I'm accompanied by a legal guardian. Besides, I can't stay up this late. It's way past my bedtime."

I nodded in understanding as Naru sighed, reluctantly stating, "Well, as least someone is being responsible..."

Umino smiled at us, "Come to think of it, the lottery in the shopping district was giving them out as a prize..."

Naru and I looked at each other, smiling as we both knew what we were doing after school today.

------------------------

I took a deep breath before spinning the lever and sighed sadly when I saw that I lost. The prize man gave me a bright smile, "Here's a packet of tissues as a consolation prize!"

I took then with a smile, "Thanks!"

I made my way through the crowd, almost bumping into Rei when I finally made it to the end of the crowd. Rei smiled, "Usagi!"

I smiled back, clutching my gift, "Hi Rei! Have you tried your luck? I just played and got nothing, just a box of tissues."

Rei read the sign, asking, "So you want a pair of tickets...Why would you want them?"

I shrugged, replying, "I don't really want them, I kinda thought if I won them I could give them to my parents. They deserve a nice night out. Are you interested in them?"

Rei shook her head, "No. We don't have time to waste on useless nonsense like this."

I nodded in agreement before Rei continued walking, heading straight to the lottery and the prize man. She smiled at the man, "Uh, I'd like to give it a try."

He smiled back, "Sure, you got it!"

I watch Rei get ready to spin the lever before she spun it quickly before abruptly stopping, a golden ball dropping into the tray. The man leaned forward and stared for a minute before smiling brightly at Rei and ringing a bell, "Congratulations! You've just won the grand prize, two tickets for a romantic cruise!"

Rei cheered, jumping with joy, "I did it!"

I raised an eyebrow, teasing Rei with a smirk, "Rei, what happened to not wasting time on useless stuff like this?"