The Painting of Love: Usagi and Mamoru Get Closer

I was at the park with Luna, leaning against a railing as I stared at the lake with a sigh. The autumn breeze felt nice, calming, but seeing all the couples around reminded me of my mysterious prince that I only see in my dreams and Tuxedo Mask, who might be working against us now. I sighed once again, "Tuxedo Mask, don't be our enemy...I don't think my heart could take it."

I whispered the last part so Luna couldn't hear me. Luna spoke up, "Whatever he is, he's after the precious Silver Crystal so we should consider him an enemy."

I shook my head, turning to Luna, "No, we can't. He's helped us so many times and now that he's after the same thing, he's our enemy? I can't, I won't believe it."

I sat down on the bench where Luna was currently sitting and sighed, looking up at the sky and reaching out to pet Luna. Luna purred happily, allowing me to pet her in silence. I heard Naru's voice call out, "Sorry to keep you waiting, Usagi!"

I smiled, standing up as she reached us, "Naru! So, what are you going to show me?"

Naru smirked, "You'll have to wait and find out! Let's go!"

I pouted, quickly grabbing my bag and following after Naru, "Come on Naru, just tell me!"

--------------------------------

Naru laughed, shaking her head as she walked ahead of me, "Nope, you've got to wait and see Usagi."

I rolled my eyes with a groan as Naru just laughed at me.

Naru had taken me to the Yumemi Yumeno Gallery and all of the paintings were amazing. I was in awe, "Wow...They're so beautiful!"

Naru smiled, nodding in agreement, "Aren't they? Yumemi Yumeno's paintings are really popular right now."

I sighed, looking around as I muttered, "That aside, there sure are a lot of couples here."

Umino appeared beside me, causing me to jump as he spoke, "That's because Yumemi paints pictures of love."

I glared at him, "Umino...what have I told you about sneaking up on us?"

Umino chuckled nervously as Naru sighed happily, causing me to turn to her, "It's true. It's said that if you have one of Yumemi's paintings, your wishes of love will be granted..."

Umino nodded with a smile and I turned back to the painting, muttering, "Maybe I'll buy a poster, maybe it'll change my luck."

Naru led me over to a painting of a beautiful blonde woman, "Here, take this. It's one of Yumemi's self-portraits."

I was in awe, staring at the gorgeous portrait, "Beautiful...She's such an amazing artist."

Umino whispered, "She's a mysterious beauty who never appears in front of people."

I shrugged, "She probably gets nervous around large crowds."

Naru and Umino nodded in agreement as Naru stated, "But Yumeno hasn't created any new paintings lately."

Umino added, "Rumor has it that she's in a slump and has gone missing."

We started walking as I spoke, "I don't think it's a slump, she might be trying to find the perfect muse. With how her paintings turn out, she must be looking for something that sings to her, draws her eye."

I looked over at a painting and froze, staring with wide eyes. I could faintly hear Naru asking me what's wrong, but I didn't reply. I took a slight step closer to the painting, the feeling of nostalgia taking over as I saw me and my mysterious Prince dancing in the moonlight, the crescent moon and stars shining brightly behind us. Naru nudged me lightly, snapping me out of my trance, "Huh? Isn't that one of Motoki's friends?"