Girl Genius is a Monster: The Brainwashing Cram School of Horror

I was laying on the couch, giggling as I read my manga. Mama walked in the room, staring at me, "Usagi!"

I looked up at her with a smile, "Hi Mama! Look at this, it's really funny!"

Mama looked at the page and started laughing as she read it, which I joined in on. Mama sighed, "Usagi, how did your practice test go?"

I tilted my head, thinking, "I believe the results are coming out tomorrow. Don't worry Mama, I know I did well."

I gave Mama a big smile before sitting back down on the couch as she sighed, "I hope so, Usagi."

She walked back into the kitchen, and I sighed, getting off the couch and heading upstairs to my room. I sat down at the desk with a loud sigh, staring at the papers I had scattered across. I grabbed a pencil and started working on my homework and editing my notes. Luna walked up behind me, "Glad to see you studying Usagi. Education is important."

I nodded with a sigh, "Yeah, very important Luna."

Luna stared at me, "What's wrong Usagi?"

I looked over at Luna, shaking my head, "It's nothing. How was the search for the princess today? Any clues?"

Luna shook her head, "Nothing so far."

I sighed, questioning, "The bad guys. Do you know who they are?"

Luna replied, "Evil monsters not of this world."

I nodded, "Yeah, I know that, but what are they?"

Luna thought for a moment before stating, "To tell you the truth, I don't really know what they are, either."

I frowned before sighing and stood up, going to take a shower and get ready for bed.

----------------------------------

I was in the hallway with Naru and Cleo as Naru spoke, "As expected, Mizuno is at the top of our class."

Cleo added, "Actually, she's number one in the entire country!"

My eyes widened, along with Naru's, as we both spoke in unison, "The country?!"

I jumped back as Umino appeared from behind Naru, talking, "And it's rumored...that she has an IQ of 300."

I nodded, impressed, "Oh? She really is a genius."

Naru glared at Umino, clutching her chest as she spoke, "For the last time, stop sneaking up on us!"

Naru punched Umino on the head and I tilted my head, looking down the hallway, "Oh, there she is now..."

Everyone turned around to see Ami Mizuno lean against the windowsill, staring out the window. Umino spoke as we stared, "I hear she attends Crystal Seminar."

I raised my eyebrow, impressed, "Isn't that the new cram school in Juban? My mom said it costs a lot of money to go there."

Naru stated, "Mizuno's mom is a doctor, apparently."

I nodded as Cleo commented, "She's rich enough to afford it."

Umino shook his head, "She actually has a scholarship there so she's going for free."

Cleo leaned in, whispering, "Still, I don't really like her. She thinks she's all that cause she's so smart, you know?"

Naru groaned, "Yeah, she sure keeps it to herself."

Umino and Cleo nodded in agreement, and I shook my head, turning to look at Mizuno and noticed she had a sad look on her face. She turned to look at us and I blushed in embarrassment, giving her a small wave before turning to look away from her, the others pretending that they weren't just looking at her. Once school was over with, I was walking home alone. I sighed as I walked with my hands behind my back, "I wish I were one of the smart kids."