Usagi's Panic: Rei's First Date

Rei, Ami, and I were walking around the park together, looking around at the scenery. Rei stopped at a small platform area, leaning against the railing with a smile, "This place sure is nice and quiet."

I gasped as I leaned against the side railing, looking at the park in awe, "It's beautiful! It's the perfect date spot!"

Ami smiled as she looked at me, questioning, "Do you like it?"

I nodded with a big smile on my face as Rei replied, "I never thought you would know a place like this, Ami."

Ami turned to Rei, "Really? I usually come here to read on my day off from cram school."

We walked away from Ami's beautiful spot and spotted a gardener, tending to the gorgeous flowers. Ami called out, "Mr. Kokuritsu!"

He looked up and turned his head, smiling once he saw Ami. "Oh, hi Ami..."

We walked over to sit on some benches as Ami introduced us to Mr. Kokuritsu, who tends to the entire park. I gasped in awe, "You're in charge of taking care of this whole park by yourself?"

He nodded with a sad smile, "Yes, but that's all going to come to an end soon."

Ami gasped, frowning, "What?"

Mr. Kokuritsu looked at the ground, stating, "The landowner has sold the park...Their plan is to build a large business complex."

We were all saddened to hear the news as Ami looked down at the ground as well, whispering, "I see..."

Mr. Kokuritsu continued, "Once this place is gone, the animals and birds won't have anywhere to go. It's quite a problem..."

I looked up at the sky, whispering, "This is such a lovely park though..."

Mr. Kokuritsu sighed, standing up, "Well...there's nothing we can do about it..."

He walked away from us, going back to tend to the beautiful flowers that will soon be destroyed. We all watched him walk away before we slowly got up and left the park, our hearts breaking for the man and his beautiful park. We started heading towards eth Game Center, where we were meeting Luna. We didn't talk much but once we made it closer to the Game Center, I saw Luna being held by the guy that insults me. I gasped, quickly running towards them, "What happened? Luna, are you okay?!"

He stood up, glaring at me, "You need to take better care of your cat! She almost got hit by a truck!"

I grabbed Luna from his arms, glaring back at him with tears in my eyes, "Don't yell at me jerk! I take great care of Luna!" I looked down at Luna in my arms before whispering softly, "Are you okay Luna?"

Luna nodded her head, and I could feel the guy staring at me and I sighed softly, looking at him with a pout, muttering, "Thank you for saving my cat."

I knew he heard me, judging by the smirk on his face, but before he could say anything, Rei and Ami appeared beside me and the doors to Game Center opened, revealing Motoki. Motoki smiled at the guy, "Hey, Chiba!"

The guy, Chiba, turned to look at Motoki, "Oh hey. What's up, Motoki?"

I looked at them both a few times before looking at Motoki with a head tilt, "Motoki...do you know this guy?"

Motoki looked at me with a smile, "Yeah, we go to the same college."

I scowled, muttering to Luna, "I can't believe Motoki, the sweetest guy I know, is friends with this ugly, jerk of a guy."

Luna snickered in my arms before we went to enter the Game Center, I stopped before entering, Ami and Rei still walking in and I turned around, walking back to Chiba. I gave him a smile, "You may be a jerk, but thank you for saving Luna. She means the world to me, I don't know what I'd do without her, so thanks again."