A Girl's Dream: Usagi Becomes A Bride

I was in Home Economics with Naru, watching our teacher, Ms. Akiyama, draw how to measure our dresses, "And this is how to measure darts for a dress."

I blinked rapidly as I felt my hand slipping from underneath my chin and sat up quickly as Naru whispered to me, "I wonder what's wrong with Ms. Akiyama..."

I shrugged as we watched Ms. Akiyama walked over to the window, staring out in the distance. The bell rang and we gathered our stuff, heading the food court to get at ice cream. We found an empty table and sat down, sighing as I spoke, "Home economics is kicking my butt, it makes me tired and sleepy."

Naru nodded as I ate my ice cream, listening to Naru speak, "Ms. Akiyama used to be really passionate about sewing..."

We both jumped with a scream as Umino appeared between us, holding a small black book, "Well, there's a reason for that!"

We both glared at him, shouting together, "Why do you always pop out of weird places?!"

Umino simply chuckled as he flipped through the book before stopping, stating, "Ms. Akiyama's strange behavior is strongly connected to her engagement."

Naru and I repeated with wide eyes, "Engagement?!"

Umino nodded, "Yes. Ms. Higure Akiyama is 34 years old and still unmarried, but she has a strong desire to change that. Her greatest dream is to have a wonderful wedding ceremony in a wedding dress that she sewed herself!" Umino told us the story of how Ms. Akiyama met her fiancé and how he proposed before shutting his book, "Well, it's far from ideal, but as long as they love each other..."

I smiled, "Yep, she'll have her dream wedding as long as they love each other, no matter how small or extravagant the wedding will be."

Naru nodded in agreement as we continued to eat our ice cream, talking to Umino as we finished our ice creams. Once school ended, I was heading home when I heard some commotion coming from Juban Community Center. I stopped and looked over, seeing a newlywed couple surrounded by friends and family. I sighed, staring at them, "Such a beautiful bride...the dream of every girl in love..."

I jumped when I heard a male's voice speak beside me, "No, not there! More to this side!"

I looked over to see two guys carrying a giant sign with a guy directing them, "Yes, that's good. Hurry up, okay?!"

I looked at the sign, seeing it read 'ENTER YOUR HANDMADE WEDDING DRESS AND WIN YOUR DREAM WEDDING RECEPTION!' I titled my head as I repeated, "A handmade wedding dress contest? The prize is a lavish, all-expenses paid wedding reception?!" I huffed, crossing my arms, "I'm all for a free wedding reception but I'm not even close to even thinking about getting married...Maybe I could sew a dress for fun?"

I heard Rei's voice shout, "Just a minute! An all-expenses-paid wedding reception? What if you don't have anyone—I mean, what if you haven't decided on a date?!"

The man answered with a smirk, "The prizewinner can choose to have the ceremony any time they want!"

The crowd gasped with shock and awe as Rei smiled happily, "All right!"

Rei was muttering to herself happily and I smirked, calling out teasingly as she almost walked past me, "Rei~!"

She jumped with a squeak, "Usagi!"

I continued to smirk, teasing, "What are you doing?"

Rei chuckled nervously, replying as she scratched the back of her head, "Oh, nothing. What about you?! Wait, your mom is a housewife, isn't she?!"

I blinked in confusion, replying with a head tilt, "Huh? What if she is...?"

Rei chuckled evilly as she leaned closer to me, "Usagi..."