Becoming a Star is Hard Work

I was sitting at my desk with Naru behind me as Umino popped up in front of us, holding a poster with a big smile, "Ta-Da! I finally got the poster of Mikan Shirator!"

I frowned, pointing at the poster, "Wait a minute, Umino, did you steal this poster from the drugstore?"

Umino lowered the poster, smile still on his face, "Nope. I ordered it over the internet. I've got several more, so if any of you want one, I'll sell it to you for cheap."

I shook my head as Naru replied, "No thanks..."

Umino pulled out his laptop and started typing as he spoke, "As you already know, Mikan Shiratori used to attend Juban High School and is nineteen years old. She's appeared in eight commercials...and each month she makes...two million yen!"

My eyes widened, "Whoa! Two million yen?!"

Another girl, Yumiko, stated, "If I'm not mistaken, Mikan was discovered right here in town."

Her friend, Kelly, smiled, "Boy, she sure is lucky."

Naru waved her hand with a giggle, "If I had better luck, I could get discovered, too!"

Kelly nodded, "Seriously!"

Yumiko clenched her fist in determination, "Those talent scouts must be blind if they keep on ignoring us."

Umino adjusted his glasses as he spoke up, "To be honest, they probably ignored you because, in fact, they can see very well."

I sighed in disappointment as Yumiko, Kelly, and Naru glared at him. The first girl hissing out, "What did you say?!"

Umino continued, blushing and sweat streaming down his face, "I believe the next big star from our school to follow in Mikan's footsteps will be..."

Umino turned and pointed at me, and I looked behind me, trying to see if there was someone else he could be talking about. Seeing no one, I turned back around and tilted my head as he finished, "Usagi Tsukino!"

I chuckled nervously as I rubbed the back of neck, trying to avoid the stares and ignore Umino's claps.

----------------------------------------

I blinked as I repeated, "Sing together?"

Naru nodded with a smile, "That's right. We're going to charge right into the entertainment world! We're gonna promote ourselves with a song! And then, we'll become even bigger stars than Mikan is!"

I nodded with a smile as I stood up, "Okay, let's do it then!"

Naru stood with a determined grin, "We'll become an overnight sensation!"

I looked Naru with a smile, "Like Cinderella?!"

Naru nodded, "Yeah! Let's go!"

Naru cut the music on, and we quickly got into a stance before we began to sing and dance. Suddenly, the door was thrown open and Shingo glared at us, "Enough with all that screeching!"

I raised an eyebrow, amused as Naru snapped at Shingo, "What do you mean, screeching?! What a rude thing to say to the stars of tomorrow!"

Shingo scoffed with an eyeroll, "Whatever!"

He slammed the door shut and Naru turned to me with a bright smile, "Okay, second verse this time."

I nodded and we started singing the second verse, but we kept bumping into each other. I accidently stepped on Naru's foot and went to apologize when she snapped at me, "Ugh, you're so clumsy, Usagi!"