The Summer, the Beach, Youth and Ghosts

The train came to a stop, and I quickly got out of my seat, running towards the door, and jumping off with a bright smile. I threw my arms in the air, tilting my head back to let the sun beam on my face. I squealed, "We're finally here!"

Rei and Ami followed after me with smiles on their faces as well. The train started to move away and we turned around, staring at the view in front of us in awe. The water was a beautiful blue and seemed to stretch on for miles. I cheered, "The beach!"

Ami sighed with a smile, "The smell of the ocean is so refreshing!"

Rei nodded, smile on her face as well, "Yeah, it's a pretty nice place."

I sighed, tilting my head, "I wish we could've brought Naru with us..."

The basket burst open, revealing Luna who glared at me, "We're not here to have fun, Usagi! We came all this way to do a training camp as Sailor Guardians."

I huffed, crossing my arms with a pout, "I know! Doesn't mean I can't wish for fun!"

Luna rolled her eyes at me, and I quickly ran away from the group, cheering and spinning in circles as I did so, "I'm so happy! I'm so happy!"

I heard Rei ask Ami, "Is the pension house you made reservations for nearby?"

I turned my head to look at Ami as she replied, "Yeah, it's supposed to be beyond this promontory."

I smirked at Rei, teasing, "I hope this pension house is a nice place."

Rei rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah, Usagi. It says, "Blue seas!", "Yachts with white sails gliding by!", "A house on the promontory from which you can view a beautiful sunset!", "Ah, a gleaming white private beach that beckons you!"."

I gasped, stars in my eyes, "A private beach?!"

I skipped beside Rei as we started walking to the house we were staying at. I saw a butterfly and quickly chased after it, causing Luna, Rei, and Ami to yell at me before following after me. Ami scolded me for a few minutes when they caught up to me before we continued our journey to the house. The sun began to set, and we were still waking through the forest, and I groaned, "We're lost, aren't we?"

Rei stopped, turning back to glare at me, "That's because you decided to chase a butterfly!"

I huffed, looking away from her with a pout before thunder rang in the air. We all looked up at the sky, seeing clouds rolling across the sky and Rei frowned, "Uh-oh, looks like it's going to pour..."

Thunder roared and lightning struck the sky and we all jumped, running as fast as we could to find shelter. I was running faster than the others, all that training at the gym is really paying off. Suddenly, lightning flashed in the sky, and I locked eyes with a hooded figure. I stopped in my tracks and screamed in fright before the lightning faded and I was staring at a little girl. I titled my head and stopped screaming, blinking in confusion as I heard Ami call out worriedly, "Usagi! What's wrong?!"

Rei gasped, "Who's there?"

The little girl peeked out from behind the tree with teary eyes, "S-Sorry..."

The rain began to pour heavily once again and we gasped, staring up at the sky. The little girl took a slight step towards us, pointing, "Umm, please follow me this way..."

She ran off and Ami shouted, "Let's go!"

We quickly followed after the girl, heading up a huge cliff to a castle right near the edge. The thunder was roaring loudly and the lightning flashed brightly which lit the castle up in a spooky way. I shivered as I stared at the castle, muttering, "Great, I'm in a Scooby-Doo episode..."