Protect the Melody of Love: Usagi Plays Cupid

Naru, Luna, and I were laying on the Naru's bedroom floor, listening to a new CD that Naru got. The pianist was very talented, the soothing and calm music relaxing my mind as I sighed in bliss. My eyes were closed as I spoke softly, "Naru, this is a great song..."

Naru replied softly, "I know, right? This one is my favorite."

I slowly opened my eyes, turning my head to stare at Naru, "This is jazz, right?"

Naru nodded with a smile, "Yup! If there's anything you don't understand about it, just ask me."

I nodded before sitting up, glancing over at the CD case, "Hmm, Yusuke Amade."

Naru sighed happily, "So cool, right? I bet he's this sophisticated older man! I'd love to go out with him."

I chuckled with a shake of my head, "I-I'll pass...but he makes great music."

After a while, it was time for me and Luna to head home, so Naru walked us out of the house. I quickly opened my umbrella with a groan, "Ugh, all this rain is just so depressing!"

Naru looked up at the rain, stating, "Well, they do say April showers bring May flowers, right?"

I nodded with a sigh, "Yeah, I can't stop the rain, so...see you at school tomorrow Naru!"

Naru waved at me with a smile, "Bye Usagi!"

Luna and I started walking home, coming to a stop in front of the Game Center. I titled my head, "Maybe we should stop in for a bit."

Luna shook her head, "No way, you can't go into an arcade at this hour!"

I huffed before nodding in agreement and went to start walking again. Suddenly I was rammed into, and we both fell onto the ground, my back slamming down on the concrete. I winced in pain as I slowly sat up, grabbing my umbrella and walking over to the guy who ran into me. I held my hand out, concerned, "Are you okay, sir?"

The guy looked up at me, before scrambling away from me, "H-Help me! Don't kill me! Spare me my life, my life..."

I tilted my head in confusion, "H-Huh? Are you okay sir? I'm not going to kill you."

He slowly turned has head to look at me before finally grabbing my hand, allowing me to help him up. We both started walking together as he explained to me why he was running. My eyes widened, "Someone's really after you?!"

He nodded with a tired sigh, "Yeah...and on top of that...well, you probably won't believe me, but..."

I turned to look at him, tilting my head, "What is it?"

He replied, "The thing that's after me...is a monster."

My eyes widened as I looked down at Luna as I repeated, "A monster?"

He nodded with a frown, retelling the story of meeting the monster that's chasing him, a woman who turned into a giant bat. I shivered in disgust at the thought of the monster as the man shivered as well, "It must have been a hallucination. It had to be! Sorry, just a silly story. Anyway, I'll let you go..."

I turned to look at the man, "Huh?!"

He pointed down the street with a smile, "I'm working a gig at the jazz club just down the street."

I tilted my head, "A jazz club?"

He snapped his eyes open, "oh, almost forgot! For your dry cleaning...I'm sorry, I don't have anything on me right now. Will you contact me at this number?"

I grabbed the card, stating, "Oh no, you don't have to pay for my dry cleaning. I'll be fine." I look down at the card, "Yusuke Amade...wait, you're that Yusuke Amade?!"