Shingo's Love: The Grieving Doll

Mom, Dad, Shingo, and I were all sitting at the table, eating breakfast together. Dad looked at me, teasing smile on his face, "Usagi, you're up early today."

I chuckled with a blush, "I'll have you know; I try to get up early everyday...I just like to sleep."

Shingo rolled his eyes at me as Dad turned to look at him, smile still on his face, "Shingo, I hear Mika won a prize in a French doll-making contest."

Shingo's eyes widened with a big smile on his face, "Really?"

Mom glanced over at Dad as she sipped her coffee, "Wasn't Mika's mother a well-known doll maker?"

Dad nodded, smiling at Mom, "Like mother like daughter."

I smirked, holding my spoon out at Shingo, "Mr. Shingo Tsukino, how does it feel to have a famous person as your girlfriend?"

Shingo blushed brightly and jumped out of his chair, snapping, "Cut it out!"

I giggled, holding up the spoon to my mouth, "Reporting live from the Tsukino residence..."

Shingo stuck his tongue out at me, "Dumb Usagi! You'll be late for school again!"

My eyes widened and I quickly shoved my breakfast in my mouth, giving Mom and Dad a kiss on the cheek before rushing over to the door to put my shoes on and grab my bag. I finally swallowed my food as I opened the door, shouting, "Bye Mom! Bye Dad! Love you guys!"

I somehow managed to make it to school on time, barely, and had a great day at school. Naru and I were walking home after school as she smirked at me, "How is it that you woke up early today and was almost late...again."

I sighed in defeat, "I don't know Naru. I just want to be art school on time for once in my life."

We both stopped walking as two little girls stood in front of us, one with short brown hair and the other with blue twin braid pigtails. The girl with brown hair twiddled her fingers as she looked at me, "Are you...Shingo's big sister?"

I nodded, titling my head, "Yes, is he okay?"

The bluenette nodded, big eyes staring at me, "Maybe you can tell us why Shingo is so mean?!"

I frowned, bending down to their height, "Mean? What happened?"

The brunette replied softly, "Today at school..."

They told me the story of how Mika gave Shingo her prized French doll but some boys were making fun of them, so Shingo shoved the doll back into Mika's arms, however, the doll slipped out of her arms and fell to the ground, breaking. The bluenette shouted, "And Shingo didn't even apologize for it!"

The brunette sighed softly, "Poor Mika..."

They nodded at each other before they turned to me, the bluenette asking, "Can you please talk some sense into him?"

I stared at them for a moment, before nodding with a gentle smile, "I will, promise."

They both smiled at me, "Thank you!"

They ran away from us as Naru looked at me, "This calls for a heart to heart with him."

I sighed, "Hopefully he'll talk to me. I know Shingo...I know he didn't mean to break Mika's doll so he's probably beating himself up right now."

-------------------------------

I gently knocked on Shingo's door, "Shingo...can I talk to you for a minute?"