Grandpa Loses Control: Rei in Danger

Mako, Luna, Ami, Rei, and I were outside of Rei's Grandpa's shrine, listening to her tell of about what's been going on with her Grandpa. I frowned, "Your grandpa has started to act weird? Is he okay?"

Rei nodded, "Yes, he has..."

Before Rei could say more, we heard a scream from above. We all looked up to see her Grandpa flying through the air with a green cape on her back. We watched him swing across the yard on a rope before letting go, doing a few flips and landed on his feet gracefully on the top of the stairs with a giant smile. He called out, "Continue, Yuichiro!"

I asked, "Who's Yuichiro?"

My question was answered by a guy with long brown hair screaming as he swung from the same rope as Rei's Grandpa. The rope snapped on him and he fell to the ground harshly, groaning in pain. We quickly ran up the stairs, seeing the guy laying on the ground and Rei's grandpa dunking buckets of water on the guy's head, "Hey! Wake up!"

Rei and I ran over to the duo, Rei asking as I stared at the guy on the ground in concern, "Grandpa, what's going on?"

I looked at her grandpa, nodding at him, "Sup Gramps, looking great in that cape."

Rei glared at her grandpa, "Stop it!"

Rei's grandpa ignored him, throwing another bucket at Yuichiro as he shouted, "Slowpoke! Klutz! Dolt! You're an embarrassment to the shrine!"

Ami questioned quietly as we walked over to her and Mako, "Who's that?"

Rei replied softly, "Yuichiro Kumano. He's Grandpa's apprentice."

I raised an eyebrow as the guy slowly got up and Rei ran over to the guy, helping him up, "Yuichiro, are you alright?"

The guy lifted his head to look at Rei, "Rei...You look great in your school uniform..."

Rei frowned, "Did you hit your head or something?"

Mako and I snickered at the guy's blushing face as Rei turned to yell at her grandpa, "Grandpa, you're too cruel!"

Rei's Grandpa scoffed, "Silence! Silence! Training at this shrine is rigorous! A soft attitude won't cut it! Training takes guts!"

Her Grandpa burst into tears and Mako, Ami, Luna, and I stared at the scene with wide eyes. Rei's grandpa threw himself at her, sobbing into her chest and she stared at him with wide eyes as well. Her Grandpa sobbed, "What am I going to do? You, my granddaughter, are the only one who can take over this shrine. I'm all alone!"

Rei turned to us, "You see? He's been emotionally unstable lately."

Yuichiro hopped up, "No, he's not acting strange! Training is supposed to be rigorous!" Yuichiro moved over to the shrine and got on his knee, praying aloud, "I'm going to do this! I will endure any training!"

Yuichiro was suddenly dosed in water from above and we all gasped in shock before Rei's grandpa jumped up with a laugh, "Gotcha! You fell for it hook, line, and sinker!"

Rei glared at her grandpa, "Grandpa!"

I started snickering to myself which Ami heard as she scolded me, "Usagi..."

I tried to stifle my laughter but I couldn't hold it in anymore and laughed louder, catching Rei's Grandpa's attention. He turned to me with a big smile, "Isn't this fun?"

I nodded, laughing, "I won't lie, it was pretty funny Gramps."

Rei's Grandpa stated, "You're the only one who gets my joes, Usagi!"

We both laughed together as Rei walked over to us, glaring at her Grandpa, "Grandpa! That's enough!"

I quickly stopped laughing when Rei turned her glare to me then back to her grandpa. Yuichiro spoke up, "Excuse me...if it's me you're worried about..."