Restore Naru's Smile: Usagi's Friendship

(Outfit she changes into)

I was in class, trying to focus on what Ms. Haruna was writing on the board but I couldn't. I glanced over at Naru's empty desk and sighed softly, Naru didn't come to school again...There has to be something I can do to help... There has to be a way to help her move on or bring him back...I can't stand seeing my best friend so devastated...

The bell rang and I gathered my stuff, throwing it in my bag and leaving the classroom, bumping into Umino outside. We walked together on the sidewalk as I told him that I was heading over to Naru's. He looked at me, "You're going to Naru's place?"

I nodded with a sigh, "Yeah, she hasn't come to school for over a week. I've tried going by last weekend, but her mom said that she didn't want any guests."

Umino looked at me with a frown, "Is Naru not sick with a cold?"

I thought for a moment before stating, "Kinda. Do you mind coming with me? With both of us there, we might be able to cheer her up! Even if it's for a little bit..."

I whispered the last part so Umino wouldn't hear me. Umino nodded with a smile, "Sure! Anything for our friend!"

I smiled back at Umino as we continued our walk to Naru's place. We made to Naru's house and we walked into the store first, asking Naru's mom if we could see her. Her mom looked happy to see us and told us to go on up, Naru was in her room. She returned to her customers as we headed inside the house and I knocked on Naru's door, "Naru, it's me, Usagi, and I brought Umino with me. Mind if we come in?"

Naru opened the door and let us in her room, taking a seat in the doorway of her open balcony and we followed suit. I gave her a smile, "Sorry to barge in unannounced. We just wanted to see how you were doing?"

Umino nodded, "All this time, I thought you were out with a cold...or did someone break your heart?"

I winced and punched Umino in the chest, knocking him over. I muttered, "Moron..."

Umino looked at me with a pout, rubbing his chest, "What'd you do that for?"

I hissed softly to him, "Didn't I tell you we were here to cheer her up?! You could've said anything but that!"

Umino looked confused before asking Naru, "Wanna go get chocolate parfaits somewhere?"

I shoved Umino's face into the ground, growling, "You are such a...such a—"

Naru spoke softly, "Usagi..."

I stopped glaring at Umino and looked up at Naru as she continued, still looking out at the sky, "Let's go hang out somewhere..."

I blinked for a moment before Naru turned to me with a small smile, "Let's go have something good to eat!"

I blinked again, "Naru..." I returned her smile, glad to see her smile, even if it was small, "Okay!"

Umino nodded as well, against my hand, "Okay! Okay!"

I slightly winced, remembering that I was supposed to meet the others at Rei's place to talk about this Silver Crystal that Dark Kingdom are after. Luna is going to freak...

I told Naru and Umino that we could meet in Yokohama Chinatown and they agreed. I quickly ran home so I could change into something comfortable and grab my wallet. I made it home and quickly changed, spotting the Moon Stick on my table and put it in my bag, along with my wallet. My communicator started ringing and I winced, pulling it out with a smile as I answered, "Hey!"

Mako's face appeared and she spoke, "Oh, Usagi? We are discussing an important matter. Can you come by for a bit?"

I bit my lip, looking at the clock one the wall beside me before sighing sadly, "I...I'm sorry Mako, I can't. Naru, Umino, and I are going to Yokohama Chinatown. It's her first time out since the whole...Nephrite incident, and I can't bail on her. Tell everyone I am so sorry, and I'll make it up to you all soon. I promise! Please don't hate me!"