Cursed Bus: Enter Mars, The Guardian of Fire

Ami and I were doing great protecting the people from the bad guys as Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury. Luna and I were running down the sidewalk when we heard sirens. We quickly stopped, turning around in confusion to see two police cars zoom past us. I questioned, "I wonder what happened?"

I spotted Ami standing in front of us and shouted with a smile, "Oh, Ami!"

Ami turned to us with a soft smile, "Usagi." Ami bent down and caught Luna in her arms with a giggle, "Hi, Luna!"

Ami cuddled with Luna as I asked, "So, where are you headed, Ami?"

Ami replied as she stood up, Luna curled up in her arms, "On my way to cram school. As one of the guardians, I need to study and acquire as much knowledge as I can to help Luna find the Moon Princess."

Luna gave me a teasing smile, "You're so admirable, Ami! Unlike someone else I know."

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at Luna as Ami giggled at us. Suddenly, another police car drove past us, and I frowned, "A bad accident?"

Naru and Cecilia walked over to us, Cecilia speaking, "Hey, did you hear what happened on this bus route?"

Ami and I stared at Cecilia, confused on what she was talking about. She continued, "Yesterday, a little past 6 pm, a bus filled with passengers suddenly disappeared."

My eyes widened in shock, "What?! That's terrible!"

Naru nodded in agreement, "Yeah, are you familiar with the bus stop called Sendai-Zakaue?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it's where the five streets meet, right?"

Naru replied, "Yes. Apparently nearly 50 people got on the bus there yesterday and no one's seen them or the bus since!"

Cecilia continued, "The police tried to keep it secret, thinking it might be a mass kidnapping. But no demands were made, so they made it public and opened an investigation. "

I shivered in fear as Ami muttered, "The cursed 6 pm bus..."

Naru sighed, "I'm scared."

I thought for a moment, stating, "There's a Hikawa Shrine near Sendai-Zaka, and their amulets are known for warding off evil. Why don't we get some?"

Naru nodded quickly, "Oh yes! I know that place! They say the Shrine Maiden has very strong spiritual powers. She can even predict the future with great accuracy!"

Cecilia added, "And their amulets are said to be very effective, too."

I stated, "We should go there!"

Ami looked at me, "Usagi, could you pick one up for me? There's an important practice test coming up that I can't miss. And I have to be in tip-top shape."

I nodded, "Of course, good luck with studying."

Ami took the bus to her cram school while the rest of us headed to Hikawa Shrine, Naru holding Luna in her arms. We walked up the stairs to the shrine where we heard an old man's voice, "Oh! Here's another group of cuties! Would you be interested in working here part time as shrine maidens?"

We all tilted our heads in confusion as a young girl, around our age, walked over with a glare, "Grandpa! Stop hitting on everyone, would you?!"

The old man laughed happily, "Oh! Hi Rei."

She leaned down, still glaring at him, "People around here...are starting to say very unflattering things about you!"

Cecilia and Naru stared at the girl in awe, Cecilia whispering, "She's so cool! And pretty!"