The Purification Plan

Normal P.O.V

"Listen up, it's Code blue. I just hit a snag here. No, no. Not that kind. Mm.hmm. Hell if I know. You should probably ask him yourself. Yeah, he's right here." The markings on his body vanished revealing his Fairy Tail emblem still located on his right chest.

"All that stuff on him just faded away." Happy said taking note.

"Uh." Natsu mutters catching the lacrima that Gray threw at him.

"Hold it up to your ear, man." Gray sighs annoyed.

"What's it supposed to do?" Natsu asked putting the lacrima on his hear like the ice mage did.

"Natsu. This is you, right?" He heard a familiar voice at the other end. He looks at Gray wondering if it's who he think it was. Gray only nods.

"Congratulations. Your antics blew Gray's cover operation." Erza said 

Opening:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kuJAfKxROyF7mFuSGto4EmFYA_4EbyhC/view

"What're you tryin' to say, Erza?" Natsu asked sending Gray a questionable look. 

"I'm a spy. Give me some credit." Gray said placing his hands on his hips. "You really think I would join some creepy Zeref cult? It's time to get moving. We'll explain everything on the way." 

"Several months ago, Jellal asked me to a favor for Crime Sorciere

"Several months ago, Jellal asked me to a favor for Crime Sorciere. I was to investigate Avatar. Discover their connection to Zeref." Erza started to explain as Natsu and Lucy rode on Kilala and Gray rode on a different animal. "The trail grew cold, but I'd just happened to reconnect with Gray. It ended up being a lucky break." 

"How are you still hearing her?" Happy asked about the device Gray held. 

"We've got a portable communication lacrima." Gray said. "Anyway, after our last fight, this pattern broke out all over me, so I went to Lady Tsunade to see if she could help. As you saw, now I'm able to make it appear and disappear whenever I want."

"So, after we had discussed our current situations, it was obvious we needed to come up a plan to work together. It was fate." Erza spoke up. 

"Of course, I would do anything for Erza." Gray mutters facing forward trying not to glance back over to Kilala. "Not only that, I wanted to get my hands on the Book of E.N.D. My dad's last wish was for me t destroy it."

"Yeah, okay. But why didn't you tell Shana about this?" Natsu asked giving the ice mage a sharp look. "You have worried sick!" 

Gray grunts holding back his flinch.  

"I know." Erza said feeling the guilt. "It's because I asked him to keep it a secret. A covert mission such as this needs to be kept confidential. The more people that are made aware of it, the more likely it is to fail. And also, mere knowledge of the plan can put someone in danger."