Tartaros Chapter - Absolute Demon

Shana's P.O.V

"Let's do this, Shana!" Natsu shouted as we appeared from above Mard Geer. "Water Flame Dragon Firing Hammer!" I didn't even realize that Natsu was using my water magic. Nor did I have time to process how he got my element.

"Water Hellflame Aqua bullets!" I used Atlas Flame's fire to steam up my water bullets.

We gasped when the attack did nothing. We groan getting tossed to the ground. Mard Geer sits comfortably on his throne.

"If that's the best you can muster, I think you should give up now. Spare yourself the agony that my Etherious from will surely inflict upon your bodies.

We all let out a small whimper.

Opening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0elo-qB-cdsGLVP0b1jsU2yxm-hRzJZ/view

"He's just sittin' there," Sting said annoyed. 

"Even against four of us, he seems bored," Rouge mentioned how none of our attacks is fazing him. 

I glance over at Natsu. "Hey, Natsu. You hanging in there?" I asked wondering if he could still fight. 

"Course I am! Been hurt worse by your freakin fist." He answered. "How 'bout You?" 

I hesitated for a moment. The bane particles from earlier seem to have taken effect again. "...Fine..." I steady my breathing to sound convincing. 

"Sounds like you two are good to keep fighting." Aria pointed out. 

"Damn straight. No slowin' me down. 'Specially not when I got a contest to win." Natsu smirks. 

The Trio Dragon Slayers deadpanned. "Is that really why you're so fired up?" They shouted in unison. 

I couldn't help but giggle to myself. That just sounds like him. 

"It'll be a cold day in hell when I lose to you guys." He grins showing his fangs. I am not going to lie that was pretty hot. 

"Unbelievable," Alastor mutters. 

"Hmph." Mard Geer scuffs. "Well, so it goes." He randomly mutters. "Kyoka's become so preoccupied with slaughtering your comrades that she's forgotten my voice. But I suppose she's earned this last bit of fun."

"Why do you wanna erase all magic, anyway? What will you gain from it?" Alastor questions the demon in front of us. 

"Don't you know? I think you could've put it together. That time your friend wants to steal contain E.N.D, and it's magic that seals him." 

"You wanna bust him out," Natsu asked. 

Mard Geer smirks. "Now you see. Despite how it may appear, I'm not our leader. That title belongs to E.N.D. There are none among us who can rival his strength. Once E.N.D. has finally been released, we can fulfill our true purpose, and return to Zeref." 

"Makes zero sense to me." Sting spat. 

"Why would you wait?" Rouge asked.  "If you want to see Zeref so badly, why wouldn't you just do it on your own?" 

A smirk appears on Mard Geer's face. "Though raised by dragons, sadly, you're still only human.  This is likely beyond your comprehension. Well, two of you aren't so human." He intended the last part for me and Aria. 

"Get to the point!" Natsu snarls getting impatient. 

"Have you ever stopped to consider Zeref's reason for creating my kind? Perhaps you merely thought of us as his... playthings. You've doubtless heard my cohorts describe the call of Zeref. The urge to return to him. But none among them ever questioned it. When we find Zeref, what would he have us do? Why were we endowed with this instinct? All we do, we do for Our Lord Zeref! It's an absolute command, etched into our genes. We must see Zeref. We must return to Zeref. We must do all for Zeref. I alone have come to realize that in truth he made us give him the one thing of which he's been deprived.