1

"That's the last of the vendors," Taylor sighed as she collapsed onto the mattress in their New York penthouse on a sunny late April morning only a few days after Grace's twenty-eighth birthday

"That's the last of the vendors," Taylor sighed as she collapsed onto the mattress in their New York penthouse on a sunny late April morning only a few days after Grace's twenty-eighth birthday. The sheets smelled like laundry detergent, freshly washed because they had nothing better to do while stuck in the house for an undetermined period of time.

Grace hummed in response before she rolled closer to her fiancée and sighed, "I'm sad about the wedding, too. I can't believe I've cancelled two weddings mere weeks before."

"Stupid pandemic," Taylor muttered with annoyance. Grace placed her hand over Taylor's chest softly as the blonde found her gaze, "With this and all the stuff between me and Scott and Scooter... I feel like it's just hurdle after hurdle right now."

Grace had been devastated almost a year before when they found out that Scott Borchetta had sold Taylor's original six masters so she couldn't imagine how Taylor felt about it. It was her life's work, all of her dreams and her story. It had been so hard to get by day to day when she felt like lashing out at the world again but was expected to put on a pink and shiny outfit and a big smile.

"Do you want me to distract you?" Grace offered. They'd only been stuck in the apartment for about a month and a half but in that time, some things never changed.

"Later," Taylor chuckled softly, turning her cheek to press a kiss to Grace's head. She sat up after and looked at Benji, their newest addition they got a year ago, stalking into the room looking ready to pounce on Grace. Of course the cat favoured her, they all did, "Hi, Benj."

"His name is Benjamin. Not Benj, not Benji, not Ben, not Benjamaboo. It's Benjamin," Grace reminded the singer who had scooped him up. He liked being held as though he was an infant, cradled in their arms and carried around everywhere. Taylor brought him back to the bed and placed him down between them.

"Say Benjamaboo again, it's cute with your accent," the blonde smiled as she gently scratched at his belly. He began to purr loudly, his enjoyment clear as both of his humans showered him with attention.

"You'll never hear it again. I'm not fond of nicknames."

"You call me so many nicknames!" Taylor replied with amusement. She watched as Grace's face soured at the thought.

"The difference is that you are, well, you!" The younger woman crossed her legs underneath her and said, "So... now that we aren't getting married anytime soon, what do you want to do this week?"

"Probably just end up watching another show," Taylor sighed, "Don't even talk about the wedding, I'm distraught."

"We've watched five series already, I do not think I can handle another afternoon on that couch," Grace admitted. She was restless, there was only so many FaceTime calls to friends and family that could keep the stir crazy away. With the announcement of lockdown being extended, she wasn't sure how she was going to cope with it.