83. Superposition

Martin House

You're sitting at Lydia's desk, she's asleep in bed, you turned to her, hearing her scream.

Her eyes snapped open, you rushed to her side, sitting down on the bed, pulling her into your arms.

"Lydia, what's wrong ?" Natalie appeared in the doorway.

"Did you hear that ?" She enquired.

"I heard you screaming" Natalie frowned.

"No, it was the sound of a train passing through my room ..." Lydia explained.

"Oh, honey, you were having a nightmare" Natalie gives her a sympathetic look.

"No, I wasn't. It wasn't a ..." Lydia continues to try recall the information.

"Well, there wasn't a train, and we haven't had an earthquake, so ... It must have just been a bad dream" Natalie gave the two of you a patronising look, walking out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"But I wasn't asleep ..." Lydia mutters once her mother is gone.

You used your advanced hearing to check Natalie had gone back into her room, turning to Lydia to address her premonition.

"Did you hear anything else ?" You take her hand, soothingly drawing circles on her skin.

"I heard a voice" Lydia nodded.

"Okay. What did it say ?" You enquired.

"It said, do you see them ?" Lydia informed.

"Why do I feel like I've heard that before ?" You questioned, evidently confused.

"I recognised the voice but I don't know who it was" Lydia admitted.

"We'll talk about this on the way to school in the morning. I've got lacrosse practice so I need to be there early" You explained.

Lydia nodded, the two of you laid back on the bed, your arms wrapped tightly around her.

Beacon Hills Highschool

You and Scott are standing on the sidelines with Coach, watching the lacrosse practice.

"Yes ! Now that's what I'm talking about ! That's how its done. That is captain material !" Coach congratulated Nathan as the team starta to gather round.

Liam runs up in his work-out gear, carrying his gloves, lacrosse stick, and helmet in his hands as he rushes to join them, causing Scott and the Coach to shoot him a look.

"You're late" Coach and Scott inform him simultaneously.

"Which makes you not captain material" Coach added.

"Liam is captain material ! He's --" Scott stammered.

"Let's go ! Gather around !" Coach cut him off by the blowing the whistle in his face.

The rest of the team members gather around in a loose circle around them, with you and Scott on either side of Coach Finstock.

"Listen up -- thanks to Hale's and McCall's selfish desire to focus on their grades and their graduation, we are leaderless. You want to be a champion ? You want to be a hero ? Now's your shot. All right, all you wannabe captains, I wanna see you guys tear each other apart !" Coach informed the team.

They all go back to practicing, with Liam, now motivated to do as Scott suggested and go after the team captain position, jumping in to play.

However, he's quickly knocked to the ground, where he groans.