8. Lunatic

Beacon Hills Highschool, the Councillor's office

"Miss Morrell ? Hello ?" You knocked on the door to her office.

"I wasn't expecting you this early, Y/N. I didn't think that your appointment was for another hour" She opened the door, stepping to aside for to come in.

"Yeah, I know that. I was just wondering if you had a opening. There's some stuff that I'd like to get off my chest" You stop to examine the office.

"Of course. Come on in" Morrell gestures to the seat across from her desk.

"Thanks" You smiled, sitting down in the seat that she'd pointed out.

"What's your surname, Y/N ?" She stands up and walks over to her files cabinet.

"It's Hale, Miss Morrell" You tapped your fingers against the wooden desk.

The councillor didn't reply, taking out a file with your name on it, coming over to take the seat opposite you.

"Are you certain that you're ready ? We don't have to do this if you are not" She opened the file, scanning the writing.

"I'm ready. This feels long overdue if I'm being honest" You examined the file for yourself.

"How have you been coping with all the things that have happened to you over these last few years ? Have do you deal with them in a certain way ?" She scans your facial expression.

You sigh, trying to formulate a response but your mind goes blank.

"Take your time, Y/N. We have as long as you need" Miss Morrell noticed how you must have been struggling.

"I deal in a lot of ways. It depends on the circumstances" You informed her.

"And I fully understand that. You've had to deal with trauma that someone your age shouldn't have to cope with. Losing your family in the fire ... Your two best friends being attacked by a wild animal. Your cousin -" She stopped, reading the look in your eyes.

"Derek's complicated. Could we not talk about him ?" You shook your head, not wanting to say more on the subject.

"We won't ... I'm sorry if I crossed a line" Miss Morrell rested a hand on your arm to reassure you.

"Don't apologise. I know that you didn't mean to overstep, Miss Morrell. It's your job" You gently removed her hand from your arm.

"Call me Marin. I feel like we'll be seeing each other more often" She suggested.

"Okay, please continue" You crossed one leg over the other.

"Lydia expressed her concerns. I'm quite surprised that you booked in, I honestly thought I've have to call your guardian" She didn't clarify which family member.

"Derek is my legal guardian now. Since, my dad still in a coma and ... my mum's never really been present ... What were Lydia's concerns ?" You explained to her before turning to the matter at hand.

"She was afraid that you didn't go to the hospital to get your injury checked out" Miss Morrell scribbled down a note.

"Oh my hand. I went to the ER. They told me to keep a eye on it. One of the nurses stitched me up, Melissa McCall. It should be in the hospital records" You took off your fingerless leather glove, revealing a bandage across your palm.

She cleared her throat, gesturing toward your injured hand "May I ?".

You nod silently giving her consent, she removed the bandage to examine it.

The wound had more or less healed but there's still a faint red line.

She wrapped the wound up once again, closing the file that she had open ontop of her desk.