67. Required Reading

Y/N's Apartment

"You ready ?" You remove your zip up jacket, revealing your sports bra.

"I'm ready" Lydia nods, you block her punch, using your knee to block the second attack.

You tap her on the side of the head gently, sparring back up to her.

"Arms up. This way you can block attacks to your face and head while keeping your eyes on your enemy" You explained, she did as you instructed.

You blocked her punches, kneeing her above the stomach wound, she winced, stumbling backwards.

You moved infront of her, she placed a hand on your shoulder, steadying herself.

"It's okay. You're not gonna be perfect first try" You reassure her.

"I'm okay. Keep going" Lydia noticed the concern in your facial expression.

"You sure ? It's probably not a good idea to do more than a few" You stepped away from her, sparring up.

"Why ?" She enquired.

"Because I don't want you to pull the stitches out" You informed her.

She takes off her zip up hoodie, revealing the pad covering the wound.

"They're fine. See ? No blood" She gestured to the clean dressing, removing the hoodie.

"I'm ready when you are" You sighed.

Lydia began to aim punches at you, you block each one, grabbing her arm, pulling her against your body, your arm resting on the top of her chest, holding her in place.

"What did you do wrong ?" You noticed her groan of pain, glancing down at her wound, still no blood.

"Uh ... I forgot to keep my arms up" She looks up at you.

"Yeah. Your muscles have memory, Lyds. If you practice enough you won't need to remember, your muscles will do it for you" You panted from exertion.

Lydia leant her head back against your shoulder, her hand resting ontop of yours.

"Are you sure you're okay ?" You interlocked your fingers with hers.

"I'm fine, babe. What about you ? Has the stab wound healed ?" Lydia gestured to the pad on your stomach.

"Fully healed" You removed the pad to reveal the wound was no longer there.

Lydia smiled, she looked up at you, recalling something you'd said moments before.

"What is it ?" You enquired.

"Muscle memory ..." She responded, you look down at her in confusion.

McCall House

You, Scott, Theo, Kira, Malia, Lydia and Stiles are standing around the dining table.

"My mom's book club usually has more wine" Lydia attempts to lighten the mood.

"Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations ..." Stiles sighed.

"That's why Malia's here" Scott explained.

"So none of us going running into traffic ?" Kira enquired.

"Or worse" You mumbled grimly.

"Like what happened to Judy. Chapter fourteen" Malia elaborated.

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone" Lydia picked up the book.