57. Time Of Death

McCall House

"Is three enough ?" Kira looked at the three laptops on the table.

"Depends on how many cameras they have ... But I think so" Stiles leant on the table.

"Are we really doing this ?" Liam enquired.

"We're doing it -- tonight" Scott nodded.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous ... ?" Liam questioned the group.

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic" Stiles examined the three laptops.

"Have you guys done something like this before ?" Liam aimed his query at you, Scott and Stiles.

"Something dangerous ? Or something idiotic ?" Stiles waited for clarification.

"I think it's a yes to both ..." Kira answers on the rest of the groups behalf.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to ..." Scott turned to his Beta.

"I'm not scared !" Liam denies.

"Then you're borderline idiotic" Stiles winked, patting him on the shoulder.

"I guess we're all borderline idiotic. If we weren't, we wouldn't be doing this" You silenced your phone to prevent any interruptions.

"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right ?" Stiles clarified with the group.

"How do we know something's definitely coming ?" Kira questioned.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required" Scott informed.

"Simon said the same thing -- he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead" Stiles added.

"So, the idea is ... What if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send the proof ?" Scott explained the basics of the plan.

"You don't get paid" Kira shrugged.

"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor ?" Liam quiried.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead" Scott informed him.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list" Stiles gestured towards McCall.

"So, if he wants visual confirmation ..." Liam nodded in understanding.

"He'll have to come and get it himself" You finished his statement.

Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

"I still hate this plan. I mean, this is pretty significantly terrifying -- he looks dead" Melissa joins the rest of the group in the morgue.

"Give me your hand" Noshiko gestured for Melissa to hold out her hand.

"It's okay ..." Stiles reassured her.

"Do you really think this is going to work ?" Liam whispered to you.

"It has to work. It's the only way we're going to find out who the Benefactor is. Once we do that, we can stop the killings for good" You squeezed his shoulder in hopes of easing his nerves.

"Wait for it ..." Noshiko places Melissa's hand above Scott's slowly beating heart.

"Is that enough to keep a Werewolf alive ?" She retracts her hand.

"Enough for an Alpha" Noshiko nodded.

"How much time do we have ?" Melissa wipes the remaining tears from her eyes.