68. Strange Frequencies

Beacon Hills Animal Clinic

"Do you know him ?" Theo saw the look of recognition on Scott's face, you covered the boys face with a sheet.

"His name's Josh. He was a junior" Scott nods.

"Which one did it ? The one with the cane ?" You questioned Stiles and Theo.

"Yeah ..." The two exchanged a glance before Theo answered.

"What are we going to do with him ? We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared. All right ... Someone's got to stay here with him" Stiles suggested.

"I'll do it. It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned" Theo offered, yours and Scott's phones vibrated, you pulled it out to reveal a text from Liam.

"What is it ?" Stiles watched the change in Scott's expression.

"Another one. Another Chimera" Scott informs the two.

McCall House

You, Scott and Stiles meet with Liam outside of the room that Hayden had locked herself in.

"Hayden ... ? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just ... We want to help. I can hear her heart beating -- she's really freaked out. What happened ?" Scott turned to Liam.

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in" Liam explained.

"Why ?" Stiles enquired.

"I don't know" Liam shrugged.

"She's definitely a Chimera ?" Scott verified.

"She said she heard a voice saying your condition improves ..." Liam explained.

"Okay, that's unsettling ... Hayden ? This is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station ?" Stiles called out to her.

"Look, just open the door. You can trust us.
We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden ... And that kind of thing is usually better face to face" You reasoned.

"Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door, or I'm gonna have to break it open. It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just ... I gotta know that you're okay in there" Scott informed her.

The door opened slightly, you pushed it open all the way, Hayden with glowing golden eyes looked at the four of you.

"... I believe you" Hayden nodded.

Beacon Hills Highschool

You, Scott and Stiles examine a missing poster on the laptop screen.

"We're back to telleric currents ?" Stiles sighs.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden" Scott suggested.

"Okay, so besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence ?" Stiles enquired.

"We're standing on it" You informed him.

"You want to hide her in the high school ? For how long ?" Stiles enquired.

"If we have to ... All night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's" Scott explained.

"But it's just a school, though, you know ? It's not exactly a fortress" Stiles reminded.

"Lydia's got a plan for that" You tell him.