17. Venomous

Y/N's Apartment

"Good morning, love" You smile at Erica who's head is resting on your chest.

"Morning, babe" She rolled over and she kissed you sweetly with a smile.

You started to gradually get up but Erica pushed you back onto the bed, hovering above you.

"What do you think you are doing ?" She smirks, you quickly pecked her lips.

"I was going to make us breakfast before school but staying in bed with you for a couple of minutes, sounded like a better idea" You flipped Erica over so that she's now underneath your body.

"Can I ask you something ?" She looks at you, her fingertips tracing lines on your stomach.

"Anything for you, gorgeous" You press a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Is Derek your only family ?" Erica feels you tense as she asks you that question.

"Well, no, but it's complicated. How long do you have ?" You bite your lip slightly.

"As long as it takes. School can wait, Y/N. You're the most important person in my life" She soon returns to tracing patterns on your skin.

"Most of my family died six years ago in the fire ... Only two of them managed to survive, Derek and Laura, my cousins. We fled to New York because a group of Argent hunters knew where we lived. It just wasn't safe there. When I came back to Beacon Hills for my freshman year. I befriended Lydia and Jackson ... but my dad became my enemy. He was running around town killing people, eventually, we formulated a plan to end the killings. Unfortunately it ended with Peter's dead body laying at my feet" You inform her.

"That's horrible, my love. No one should have to go through that" Erica rubs your back gently.

"And that's how Derek became the alpha in the first place. We severely burnt him but he's the one who clawed my father's throat out" You explained to Erica.

"But you said that you, Laura and Derek were the only survivors ?" Erica reached out, taking your hand in hers.

"My dad was in a coma for six years. His body slowly healing itself. Cell by cell. When he came out of his comatose state, he had his heart set on killing every last orchestrator of the fire" You lifted her hand to your lips, kissing it and drawing circles on her palm.

"The police told everyone in town that it was another freak accident. No-one ever considered, it could have been an arson case" She reiterates to you.

"Because they didn't have any reason to suspect arson. Kate Argent and her conspirators orchestrated it. They made sure the fire's origin point was in the kitchen so that it seemed like an accidental fire" You sighed, getting up off the bed for the first time that morning.

"Where are you going ? I swear if that's Derek, I'm gonna kill him" Erica rubbed her eyes tiredly.

You smile at your girlfriend, examining the several missed calls from Derek and him telling you to meet him and Isaac at the railway depot.

"It is Derek, honey. But he can wait until I've made you breakfast" You place your phone back down on the bedside table.

"Do you know how to make French toast by any chance ?" She gives you her best puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah. What do we want on it ?" You run your fingers through her hair.

"Just fruit and bacon on the side. Crispy, please" Erica released your hand so that you could go into the kitchen.

Fifteen minutes later, you re-entered the bedroom, placing a plate of French toast down infront of her with a knife and a fork.

She ate the food that you'd placed down, groaning when she also received a text.