58. Perishable

Derek's Loft

"He covered you in gasoline ?" Derek examined Parrish's hands for any sign of injury.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it ? The parts of the body that are essentially dead" Lydia enquired.

"Well, they should be gone" Derek releases his hold on the Sheriff's Deputy.

"I was set on fire ! All of me should be gone" Parrish interjected.

"Not if you're like us ..." Scott sighed.

"Like you ?" Parrish rose an eyebrow.

"People like us don't survive being burned alive" You corrected McCall.

"I don't think he's like us ..." Derek sighs.

"Then what is he ?" Lydia enquired.

"Sorry, but I have no idea" Derek admits.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira ..." Scott reminded him.

"This is a little out of my experience" Derek continued to examine Parrish.

"Maybe there's something about this in the bestiary. Did you try Argent ?" You questioned the True Alpha.

"I don't know where he is ..." Scott shakes his head in response.

"Okay, hold on -- what's a bestiary ? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just ... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia ? Are you all psychic ?" Parrish interrupted the ongoing conversation.

"Psychic ?" Derek rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah, not exactly ..." Scott turned to you and Derek, you both nodded.

"Okay ... Then what are you ?" Parrish questioned.

You and Scott closed your eyes, taking a deep breathe before opening them to reveal that they'd turned red.

The four of you filled Parrish in about the world of the supernatural.

"What's a Kanima ?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm surprised that's your first question" You glance Lydia's direction, examining her stature.

"... We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us -- everyone with some kind of supernatural ability -- is on the Deadpool" Scott fills the Deputy in.

"But I don't even know what I am" Parrish looked around at each member of the group, Scott sat on the arm of the couch beside him.

"I'm pretty sure they don't care" Derek folds his arms across his chest.

"How many professional killers are we talking about ?" He asked, in reference to the Deadpool.

"We're starting to lose count ..." Lydia admits.

"But is it still just professionals ?" Scott aimed his enquiry at you, Derek and Lydia.

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance" Parrish informed.

"That means anyone with the Deadpool could take a chance" Derek sighed.

"But if Haigh had it, then who else does ? How easy is it to get this thing now ?" Parrish questioned.

20 minutes later

"Meredith was only at my grandmother's lakehouse once ... But I think once was enough ..." Lydia sighed.

"How did your grandmother know her ?" You enquired.

"She didn't ... She found her ... Because of another woman named Maddy -- the woman she loved. I never met her, but I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from all the regattas she'd won" She handed a photo to Scott for you and him to examine.