Chapter Forty-Nine

My sister was right. The next morning I did not feel anything like I felt the night before. My head was hurting, and my stomach was upset. I went to the kitchen, drank some water, and made myself a cup of coffee. I thought that it would make me feel better. I thought I saw my keys on the table by the door, so I walked over to the table. There they were on the table. Niecey must have dropped them off on her way home. I looked down, and there was the mail I hadn't opened the day before. I went through the mail to sort out what was important and what wasn't. I came across an envelope that was from the post office. It read, DEAR VALUED POSTAL CUSTOMER: Then it was five short paragraphs about my mail being damaged and how important it was. I opened the envelope, and the piece of mail read, Don't forget your six-month checkup, with a man holding a big toothbrush. It had been mailed out almost two months ago. First, it went to the home that Lamar and I shared. It must have been one of the times we were going through some things because he sent it back. It had MOVED written on it. "This just keeps getting better?" I shook my head and put the card in my purse that was on the table. I wouldn't be going to that appointment. Now not only did I have a hangover, but I also had Terrence and Madeline fucking in my head, which made the pain worse. I walked into my bedroom, placed my coffee down, and went to the bathroom to shower quickly. I let the hot water massage my neck, I closed my eyes and wished my headache away. After showering, I put on my robe and returned to the bedroom. I sat on my bed and picked up the phone.

"Hello." My sister answered in a scratchy voice.

"Hey, sis thanks for dropping off my car."

"No problem. I tried to wake you, but you were knocked out."

"Yeah, I guess I had a little too much to drink last night."

"That's an understatement. If you would have had one more drink, you would have been on top of one of the tables stripping." She said, laughing.

I walked back into the bathroom and wet a rag. "Now, I wouldn't go that far," I said as I lay back on my bed, put the rag on my head, and then closed my eyes. "Please don't make me laugh. My head is aching so bad, and my body, too."

"I told you."

"Great, I'm hurting over here and all you can say is I told you."

"Pretty much."

"You are a great sister, have I ever told you that?"

"Thank you. I try my best."

"You are a true comedian."

"You needed to unwind; with all the shit you have been going through.

"Yeah, especially with Terrence taking a date to his apartment last night."

"You were so upset. You couldn't stop talking about her, him and your shoes."

"You should have seen me looking like a fool. I was already conversing with her before I knew that she was with him. When he walked up behind her and grabbed her."

"I bet you were embarrassed as hell." Niecey said as she started laughing.

"I am so glad that you find my life so amusing."

"I have told you this once and I will tell you again. You are complaining to me about your love life. Not to mention that each one of these men still wants you. Even though two thirds of them are crazy. When I have had god knows how many men and I can count on my one finger how many of the men really satisfied me in bed. The man that I finally did get a decent orgasm from was married. The way that I found out was by his wife coming to my office and walking in on us while he was giving me the best oral that I have ever gotten in life. Must I go on?" she said in a frustrated voice.

"Please, no. I'm getting nauseated just thinking about it." I will try and get some rest before Lamar returns with my baby. I'll call you back."

"Alright, but don't call me back too early. I need to get some sleep. After we dropped your car off this morning, Darrell and I didn't get to sleep until about an hour ago. If you know what I mean?"

"You whore." I said as I struggled to get out of bed to get my coffee. "I knew you liked him."

"Well, you can't blame a sister for trying to get hers, and so now know I can now count on two fingers how many men have satisfied me in bed."

"Ew, Bye, girl." Then I hung up.