Chapter Seventeen

It was the next Saturday, Anthony and I had another date. I told him that Little L usually left between four or five and he could pick me up around seven, so I could have some time to get Little L off and get myself together. Five minutes after Lamar left the doorbell rung. I wasn't expecting anyone, and god knows I now hated answering the door when I wasn't expecting anyone. When I got to the door, I looked out the side and it was Anthony.

"What is he doing here?" I whispered to myself. I opened the door and said, "Is there something wrong? Are you canceling our date?"

"Oh, no, nothing's wrong. I just was outside, and I saw your son leave and I couldn't wait any longer I just had to come and see you." he said with a smile on his face.

I reciprocated with a bigger smile and said, "Well, come on in. Welcome to my happy home. Make yourself comfortable. I'm not ready, but you can see that. You are free to sit and wait."

He took a seat on the living room couch and said, "What do you mean you're not ready? You look perfect."

"I have on a sweat suit." I said as I pulled on my sweat jacket.

"You look perfect to me you don't have to change a thing. Well, maybe you could put some shoes on and take the pins out of your hair, but other than that, you're perfect."

I smiled and said, "You really know how to make a lady feel like a lady. I bet you are fighting the women off with all your charm." I said teasing.

"Oh, you are a funny lady. Don't ever lose that humor of yours or you might be able to get a man to talk to you." he said with a smirk on his face.

I walked over to the couch where he was sitting and picked up the pillow and hit him with it lightly and said, "You're not funny."

He pulled the pillow out of my hand and said "Really, I think that I am funny. I'm thinking about taking my show on the road."

"I bet that you will be your only fan." I smirked and walked away. "So, I'm going to head upstairs. I will be ready in a bit." I walked over to the stairs and looked back as I started up them.

"I'll be right here thinking of some material so I can get a larger fan base." he said as he watched me go up the stairs. He then winked his eye and leaned back on the couch and said, "So be ready to laugh when you get back."

"I guess that means I can take all night."

"Oh, you are a very funny lady."

"I guess you would think anyone's funny. Considering what you think is funny."

"Yeah, okay you better bring some tissue because I'm going to have you in tears before the night is over."

About thirty minutes later I was ready. Only thing I had left was to comb down my hair. I walked downstairs and asked, "Was I too long?"

"Well, I guess I was wrong." he said as he stood up.

"About what, taking your show on the road?

"No, about you."

"What about me? I hope this isn't the beginning of your comedy act because you suck already." I said as I grabbed my jacket out of the downstairs closet.

"You are more beautiful. Didn't think it could happen." he said as he grabbed my coat and assisted me in putting it on.

"Why thank you." I said as I smiled because I was flattered. "So where are we going?"