Chapter Forty-Five

That next morning, I decided to check the mail. I didn't want to wake Terrence. I climbed out of bed and slid on my slippers. I grabbed my keys and phone off the table by the door and caught the elevator downstairs. Lamar had sent the same text messages. I love you; how could you do this to me? When I opened my mailbox. I pulled the mail out, and there were two letters from, Anthony. I stood there and read them. Each letter explained how sorry and apologetic he was. I didn't know what to do. I hadn't expected that. I couldn't go back upstairs with all that on my mind. Instead, I decided to take a drive. I drove to the place I know best. I drove straight to my sister's house. I probably banged on the door for about ten minutes before she came to the door.

"What the hell, A. Why are you banging on my door like a crazy person?" she asked as she rubbed her eyes. It was obvious that she had been sleeping, but I didn't care. This was an emergency.

"I have to talk to you. I am so crazy I don't know what to do."

She closed her robe and said, "Come on in." she closed the door behind her and said, "Why and the hell are you here with pajamas on? Where are your clothes?"

"At home."

She shook her head and then said, "I'm going to make some coffee do you want some?"

"No, thank you."

"Okay, now I know something is really wrong. What's up?" she asked as she sat down next to me.

"Your sister is a big whore." then I dropped my head into the pillow of the couch.

"Umm. My sister, who?" she asked as if I were talking about another sister, she had forgotten she had.

I looked up and pointed to myself, and said, "This sister."

She pointed back at me. "This sister, the one that I am looking at right now, sister, sister?

"Yeah, smart ass, this sister." I said as I pointed. "Now stop playing with me and help."

"What's wrong."

"I had sex." I said as I put my hand on my face.

"Wow, big shocker. You know when you had the baby some years back kind of tipped me off."

"No. Okay, don't be mad at me when I tell you this."

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because I haven't been telling you everything."

She slid her lips to the side and said, "Okay, I promise. I guess."

"I know that you are well aware that I have been having sex and the last person that you have known me to have slept with was, Anthony."

"Yes." she said.

"What you don't know is before that and sometime during that relationship, I had also been sleeping with Lamar." I bit my bottom lip, waiting for the tongue lashing.

"Oh, my goodness, A. Stop lying." she said as she hit my leg.

I shook my head, "It gets better."

"Are you kidding me?"

"For the last few days, I have been sleeping with, Terrence."

"Adriana, you whore." she said as she burst out in the biggest laugh ever. "Not what I was expecting. Not, what I was expecting at all."

"It's not funny, Niecey. The story is not over yet."

"There's more?" she asked as she caught her breath.