Chapter Thirty-four

When I finally fell asleep, my phone rang.

"Hello! Hello!" then the phone hung up.

I checked the caller's I.D. it wasn't Anthony. The call came from Terrence's place. Then I just knew that it was Lamar checking in again. The phone rang again from Terrence's place I didn't answer it. I really didn't feel like talking to him. About two minutes later, there was a knock on my door. So, I lifted myself out of bed to answer it. I looked out my peephole, and it was Ms. Almond. I opened the door.

"Is there something wrong?"

"You damn right there is something wrong. Where is he?" she asked with an angry rage. Shaking her head back and forth.

"Where is who?" I asked as if I didn't know who she was asking for.

"Don't act coy with me. Terrence, where is he?"

"Now, how am I supposed to know where he is? He's your boyfriend."

"Uh, it seems like he's your boyfriend. I know about you two, sneaking around behind my back spending time together. and I'm not going to keep on being anyone's fool. Tell him that I want to see him now!" she said, demanding.

"First off Teresa, Terrence is not here. I don't know where he is. Secondly, we have nothing going on and I don't know where you are getting your information, but you need to get your facts straight. We are friends that's it."

"Ever since you moved in this building we have been spending less and less time with each other. And he has been spending more time with you. He doesn't know that I know, but he has been lying to me. When he breaks a date with me, I follow him and each time he always ends up here. I was just in his apartment and the last number dialed was yours. He said he was going out; I know he came here."

"Listen, I have told you already he is not here. Why don't you call him on his cell phone? I have my own problems to deal with. I don't have time for this bullshit, too."

"I know he is here; your number was the last number dial from his phone. You must feel real good having three men in love with you?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Your husband, your boyfriend, and my boyfriend. All of them pining after you like you are Miss America. The way you had all of them in the elevator that day was pathetic. Our whole night was ruined because of you.

"Again, I am confused here." I said in the calmest voice that I could find. "We are friends, and he is the god father to my son. I think that if you and Terrence are having problems that you need to speak with him."

"The only problem that Terrence and I are having is you. Don't act dumb, you know that he is in love with you? I was there for him when you weren't. He was real messed up after he left your friendship. After I finally got him to a place where he wasn't thinking about you every day. You go pick his apartment building to move in and start this shit up again. I just want you to know that I am not giving him up without a fight. I will do everything in my power to make sure he stays with me and away from you."

"You don't have to do that. I'm not trying to go after your man or anyone else's man."

"Yeah, well, I hear you, but I don't believe you. You are ruining every one's lives."

I shook my head. Not having the strength or time for her craziness. "I haven't ruined any one's life."

"You are trying to ruin my life. You have already ruined Crystal's life."

Now, the bitch just pissed me off. If someone asks you to leave, then why don't you just leave? "Wait a minute." I said as I shook my head and put my hand up to stop the words that were coming out of her mouth. "What does Crystal have to do with this? Crystal was the one who ruined my life."

"You know what you did. When Lamar came to you and told you she was pregnant you told him that you wanted to be with him. She was so stressed out that she almost lost their baby. Now she's in the hospital due to stress and it is not good for her or the baby."

Crystal's pregnant? What the fuck. I thought to myself. "I really can't believe I am about to even explain myself and my life to you. Please don't speak on anything that you know nothing about. If you must know, Crystal ruined my life. She is the one who slept with my husband knowing he was married with a child. She is the one my husband left my child and me for. I am sorry about her and her child, but I didn't ruin her life she is the one who hooked up with a married man. Needless to say, she put herself in the situation." I said with an I am so fed up with these bitches coming to my door with this bull shit tone to my voice.

"That's great, blame everything on everyone else except for yourself. You are the main problem to this whole situation." She said with this believable tone to her voice as if she actually believed the shit that was coming out of her mouth.

So, you know, at this time, I was mad as hell. How dare she come to my door and talk that bull shit? So, I did what I always do when someone pissed me off. Made them as mad as I was, and I think I did exactly that. "Okay so I'm going to tell you what I will do to subtract myself from the problem that you are so hell bent on thinking that I caused. If you two can keep your men away from me then, by all means do it. May the best woman win." I winked my eye then I slammed the door in her face. I started talking to myself like a crazy woman. "The nerve of these mother fucking women. If you get involved with a man and know that he is married why pitch a bitch when he still loves his wife. You should never have even gotten involved with him in the first place. If you are getting into a relationship with a man and know that he loves another woman, what makes you think you can change that? In a couple of months at that. Now this is all my fault. What and the hell is wrong with these fucking women?" I turned around, and my eyes glazed over to the dining room table and saw the flowers and the food that Anthony had brought over. Then my phone rang. I ran into the room to answer it.

It was Anthony. "Hello, Anthony, hello."

"Adriana, I just want to let you know that I am not upset, I am a little disappointed. I know that you two have a lot of history and it's hard to throw that away. While I am away, I am going to give you a chance to sort through what you want."

"Wait Anthony please don't hang up. We need to talk. Nothing happened between Lamar and me."

"Like I said, I understand. There is a lot of history between you two."

"Anthony, please, listen to me."

I'm sorry, that is all that I have to say. There is nothing more that I think we need to discuss. Please don't call me anymore. I will not answer." then he hung up.

"Great, another perfect day!" I screamed as I threw my phone.